Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

The Suspect ITV

(47 Posts)
Streaky Mon 29-Aug-22 23:22:37

Watched the first episode tonight. It looks quite good, but it is confusing when the same actress appears in this and Ridley at the same time. And when a familiar actor appears as the friend of the Suspect you just know he has a bigger role to play, rather gives the game away or am I completely wrong?
You can tell I’m a great whodunnit/detective series fan!

GrannyGravy13 Wed 21-Sep-22 15:58:50

Not really enjoying it, not invested in any of the characters consequently really not bothered what happens to them.

BlueBelle Wed 21-Sep-22 16:07:57

Why watch it if you don’t enjoy it ??

GrannyGravy13 Wed 21-Sep-22 16:17:01

BlueBelle

Why watch it if you don’t enjoy it ??

DH is watching it and by 9pm I am far too lazy to get off of my sofa and go and watch something else in another room ?

Last night I was flicking through Toy catalogues thinking ahead to Ch*****as

Hellogirl1 Wed 21-Sep-22 18:11:47

GG13, that`s 2 of us, my Smyths toy catalogue arrived yesterday!

welbeck Wed 21-Sep-22 20:15:22

i find it annoying. seems so contrived, but then i v rarely watch any modern drama, maybe that's how it is nowadays.
watching just to glimpse and identify locations.

Aldom Wed 21-Sep-22 20:20:18

Yes, I'm watching it. Actually enjoying it too. The plot seemed to come together in last night's episode. I wonder if there's a twist in the tale at the end.

JaneJudge Wed 21-Sep-22 20:35:31

I've quite enjoyed it but I thought it was only 4 episodes and when it ended last night I was tired I thought well that is a crap ending followed by..there must be another episode grin blush

I loved being human, which he was in years ago. I was so sad they didn't carry it on

Callistemon21 Wed 21-Sep-22 21:01:59

JaneJudge

I've quite enjoyed it but I thought it was only 4 episodes and when it ended last night I was tired I thought well that is a crap ending followed by..there must be another episode grin blush

I loved being human, which he was in years ago. I was so sad they didn't carry it on

We thought exactly the same, JaneJudge
"Is that it?"

Perhaps it was only four episodes but the producers thought "Well, that was a crap ending, perhaps we'd better make another episode or two!"

Elspeth45 Wed 21-Sep-22 21:50:19

I agree Sodapop. I started watching here in Oz but turned it off! Love the books, especially Ruiz, but would never have imagined him as depicted in this series.

Sparklefizz Tue 27-Sep-22 13:46:52

I thought the last episode was exciting.

Hellogirl1 Tue 27-Sep-22 15:06:04

Yes, it ended well.

sodapop Tue 27-Sep-22 16:04:48

Elspeth45

I agree Sodapop. I started watching here in Oz but turned it off! Love the books, especially Ruiz, but would never have imagined him as depicted in this series.

Exactly Elspeth45 Totally different character. I think that with the odd exception I always seem to prefer the book to the TV series.

This is strange I am talking to you in Oz from France on an English forum. The Internet is not all bad is it ?

Callistemon21 Tue 27-Sep-22 16:29:42

Sparklefizz

I thought the last episode was exciting.

Spoiler Alert!

It was but I was puzzled at the family standing so calmly in the road afterwards, no tears, no appearance of having suffered a traumatic event let alone any sign of relief at being safe. Not even a hug. Just standing there looking bland.

Sparklefizz Tue 27-Sep-22 17:42:32

Maybe it was shock? Calli

Callistemon21 Tue 27-Sep-22 17:58:31

They didn't look very shocked. Surely the little girl would want comforting?
Weird.

Callistemon21 Tue 27-Sep-22 17:59:20

Not even - "what about my toys?!!"

?

Sparklefizz Tue 27-Sep-22 18:39:55

Yes Calli - you're right. And I didn't understand what was signified by him noticing his daughter's framed whale picture as he came into the house.

Callistemon21 Tue 27-Sep-22 19:09:00

It was significant but I can't remember why.
Really must concentrate more!

Is Bobby trying to mess with O’Loughlin? Bobby carved a whale, O’Loughlin’s daughter drew a picture of a whale, can that really be a coincidence? (Obviously yes). And now some mysterious stranger has paid £500 for the whale picture at a school auction. Bobby? Probably not since it turns out he doesn’t actually have a job, doesn’t have a fiance and lives in a hostel.

‘why has DJ spent £500 on a rubbish picture of a whale?’

Did he? ? I missed that bit!

www.denofgeek.com/tv/the-suspect-episode-5-review/

JaneJudge Tue 27-Sep-22 21:39:41

i thought it was good, i didn't really expect that outcome

Sparklefizz Wed 28-Sep-22 08:59:17

why has DJ spent £500 on a rubbish picture of a whale?

The picture of the whale was bought by O'Loughlan not DJ (who was the plumber) at the school fundraising because his daughter drew it for a school projecgt. I just don't know why it seemed significant in that scene when he returned to his home.

JaneJudge Wed 28-Sep-22 09:01:43

it was a red herring?