Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Coronation Street- continued.

(1001 Posts)
Calendargirl Wed 09-Nov-22 10:28:52

Yes, we all know it’s rubbish, but Corrie is an institution.

We need to have an active thread at all times.

📺📺📺📺📺📺📺📺

Doodledog Thu 18-May-23 09:14:12

Didn’t she host a daytime show until recently? I haven’t seen it but saw adverts.

I agree that she should really be mentioned at least. She was a loving mum and would surely be there for Ryan at a time like this.

Aveline Thu 18-May-23 11:09:48

Or his swapped at birth brother?

Calendargirl Thu 18-May-23 11:24:14

Aveline

Or his swapped at birth brother?

Doctor Ali?

It’s a wonder he hasn’t made a guest appearance as a leading consultant in acid burns, able to get Ryan sorted.

This farcical wedding of Gemma and Chesney’s, another totally daft storyline. Let’s hope Granny Linda? has deep pockets, as she will soon be footing the bill for the whole shebang, albeit no one wondering how they have afforded it all.

Poor little Joseph, what a madhouse to be a child in!

Calendargirl Thu 18-May-23 11:26:23

Aveline

His Mum is busy being a dinner lady on Waterloo Road!

She’s probably big mates with Emma’s mum, don’t watch Waterloo Road, but doesn’t the ex Fiona Middleton play the headmistress?

Aveline Thu 18-May-23 12:38:51

True Calendargirl. I always think of her as that hairdresser from Corrie. Wasn't she in Holby as well at one point? Watch too much TV? Moi?!

Doodledog Thu 18-May-23 13:32:56

I forgot about the swapped at birth brother grin. You're probably right - he will have been studying cosmetic surgery since leaving the cobbles, and swoop in to make everything better, with Nurse Aggie at his side.

The medical care in Wetherfield is so much better than anywhere else, isn't it? Apart from the walk-in health centre and the always-on-call nurses, they get liver transplants that are side-effect free and don't appear to need anti-rejection medicine. (That works in Albert Square too, of course).

Calendargirl Thu 18-May-23 13:47:02

Plus of course the ambulance, ever ready just round the corner, waiting for the next emergency, and then whizzing off to Weathy General where a bed is always available, and very few people in the A&E.

Aveline Thu 18-May-23 14:01:03

grin

Calendargirl Sat 20-May-23 07:30:02

Dee Dee seemed to be the star of the show last night.

Didn’t matter if it was in the street, in the cafe, in the Rovers, in the bistro, up popped Dee Dee with her wise words of advice.

Only place she wasn’t seen was her place of work.

Aveline Sat 20-May-23 08:33:22

Adam is no longer the solicitor 'du jour'. Oh dear.

BlueBelle Sat 20-May-23 09:01:28

Peter had his big op liver transplant , didn’t Tracy have a kidney at some point and Carla some major transplant can’t remember what though or am I remembering wrongly

Calendargirl Sat 20-May-23 09:23:19

Carla had a kidney also, I think, as well as Tracy, yes.

Didn’t Aaron donate it?

Calendargirl Sat 20-May-23 09:26:43

Faye will soon be riding off into the sunset (in a taxi) with Miley and Jackson, who looks about as wet as poor Craigy.

I thought with her hairstyle and what she wore last night, Faye looked like a character in a wartime drama, a land army girl or something.

Suited her though.

lemsip Sat 20-May-23 09:31:38

carla's brother aiden donated a kidney to her.

Doodledog Sat 20-May-23 09:32:14

That's what I was getting at a few posts back. None of them seem to have anti-rejection drugs or any side effects. Peter doesn't now drink, but the rest of them knock it back and all generally behave as though the transplants hadn't happened. I don't think it works like that in real life.

Is this the end for Faye and Criagie? I always thought they were a mismatched couple. Craig is a sweet guy, but he looks like Shrek, and Faye is way out of his league. What does she do for a living? Or Jackson, come to that? He's been in Wetherfield for ages now, so whatever it is must have a generous leave allowance.

Calendargirl Sat 20-May-23 09:36:22

I meant Aidan, not Aaron!

Faye works at the factory, in sales.

No idea what Jackson does, apart from looking like a spare part.

Miley is a confident little thing, used to getting her own way with Dad I expect.

Where are Jackson’s parents? Weren’t they involved with Miley’s upbringing?

Doodledog Sat 20-May-23 09:41:27

No idea. The whole setup is full of holes grin

vegansrock Sat 20-May-23 10:56:24

We did see Toyah and Spider briefly at the “party” - one wonders what they are doing now- didn’t Toyah have a job at the factory? Is Spider still in the police? He can’t be undercover anymore.

Calendargirl Sat 20-May-23 12:01:58

Spider probably was involved in getting Craigy his CID ‘secondment’, recognising Chief Constable Of The Future potential.

Clawdy Sat 20-May-23 22:31:23

Hope and Sam holding hands looked a bit odd! Can't believe the two boys refused to turn up for the party just because Hope said the film might be babyish! Limo, great food, remote control cars......

Doodledog Sat 20-May-23 22:35:58

Hope is poisonous, isn't she? If I were Tyrone I'd be very nervous about being left in charge of her whilst Fizz is away in Norwich.

Maggiemaybe Sun 21-May-23 08:52:07

Calendargirl

Dee Dee seemed to be the star of the show last night.

Didn’t matter if it was in the street, in the cafe, in the Rovers, in the bistro, up popped Dee Dee with her wise words of advice.

Only place she wasn’t seen was her place of work.

Well with her mum Nurse Aggie conspicuous by her absence, someone’s got to take over as general Street busybody fixer.

Where is Aggie, anyway? Wasn’t she supposed to be Tim’s best mate (for two or three episodes at least)? So much so that Sally and Ed thought they were having an affair? Surely she’d have been all over the Elaine/Steven situation, let alone the Faye/Craigie/Jackson triangle, with her wise advice and shoulder for Tim to cry on.

lemsip Mon 22-May-23 21:40:46

aggie very much back tonight

BlueBelle Mon 22-May-23 22:33:38

Well you talked that one up Maggiemaybe
Oh well Sam and Hopes romance is off watch out ( can’t remember her name) new kid on the block
Whichever gransnetter called Craigy Shrek, thanks, I can’t get it out my head now, he is though isn’t he ?
Is Fay being written out ?

Doodledog Mon 22-May-23 22:42:55

That was me. It's unkind, but true, isn't it?

What would you do if you had a child like Hope? She's terrifying, and I have no idea where you'd start. I fear for little Sam now he's crossed her.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion