Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

The Inheritance. channel 5 9pm. good cast.

(109 Posts)
lemsip Mon 04-Sep-23 19:15:43

gaynor faye, larry lamb.... there are 4 episodes.

pascal30 Wed 27-Sep-23 17:12:34

MerylStreep

FlexibleFriend

Complete and utter Tosh, why do we bother to watch this shite?

You don’t. I’m assuming you have at least one streaming app?
Prime, Netflix. There’s a humongous amount of brilliant stuff to watch.

Also Walter Presents has really great International film series

Lovetopaint037 Wed 27-Sep-23 17:33:50

I thought my brain was going and put it down to having to wait for weekly episodes/. I too wondered what there was left to inherit. The trouble was that dh appeared to understand it all and kept coming out with ‘it’s James’. Who the hell was James?

pascal30 Wed 27-Sep-23 17:59:07

Lovetopaint037

I thought my brain was going and put it down to having to wait for weekly episodes/. I too wondered what there was left to inherit. The trouble was that dh appeared to understand it all and kept coming out with ‘it’s James’. Who the hell was James?

the estate agent Nathan !!

Chestnut Wed 27-Sep-23 18:02:05

Millie22

It was ridiculous and silly ending. I couldn't concentrate properly as the woman with the puffy lips was hard to understand.

Glen at least deserved a thank you. He rescued them. Bonkers.

Who is 'the woman with the puffy lips'?

I think it's unfair of anyone to blame the actors for anything. They are given the script and directions, and have to do their best with a weak storyline. I applaud the actors and send my sympathy that they cannot find better scripts.

If anyone is to blame it's Channel Five for not finding better writers, the writers themselves, the directors, and the sound technicians who seem unable to capture the sound of a human voice correctly.

StacyAnna Wed 27-Sep-23 18:14:26

So James (who later called himself Nathan), was Susan and Michael’s son? Why did they have him adopted? Was he really an estate agent, or just pretending, so he could get close to the family?
Why did the 3 siblings not realise their father was having another relationship for 14 years?
Why did I waste 4 hours of my life?!

Dottydots Wed 27-Sep-23 18:31:34

The end of the last episode was rather rushed and went right over my head. Good job my son could explain the ending to me next day.

eazybee Wed 27-Sep-23 18:33:11

I had forgotten all about it on Monday night, so I watched it last night.
It was really really dire.
And if these are the scripts that are passed, what are the ones like that are rejected?

Allsorts Wed 27-Sep-23 19:36:01

So they must have had a relationship many years before the 14 year affair, enjoyed it but felt last episode was rushed. Somehow I’m not keen on Gaynor don’t know why.