Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Corrie 2026

(346 Posts)
Calendargirl Thu 16-Jul-26 09:17:29

New thread.

BlueBelle Sat 19-Sept-26 08:09:34

calandergirl I do agree Corrie has really lost its appeal lately, and a lot of it doesn’t correlate, it’s very bitty.
David reminds me of the elf on the shelf
Summer had such a bright future in America with wonder Uni’s wanting her, she’s now part time in Devs shop and dating an unknown guy with an ankle tag! Couldn’t make it up could you, oh sorry, I forgot they do don’t they!

Dottydots Sat 19-Sept-26 11:11:53

We keep on moaning about Corrie but we still carry on watching it. I would hate to be without my weekly dose of it.

Calendargirl Sat 19-Sept-26 13:04:57

Dottydots

We keep on moaning about Corrie but we still carry on watching it. I would hate to be without my weekly dose of it.

I keep thinking ‘well, will just have to see what happens with Theo/Todd/Kit/Betsy….’before I give up on it….

And so it goes on.

nanaK54 Sat 19-Sept-26 16:44:14

Calendargirl

Dottydots

We keep on moaning about Corrie but we still carry on watching it. I would hate to be without my weekly dose of it.

I keep thinking ‘well, will just have to see what happens with Theo/Todd/Kit/Betsy….’before I give up on it….

And so it goes on.

Absolutely!

nanaK54 Tue 22-Sept-26 22:05:37

Do you think Tim might have been awake and heard that, I do hope so

Maggiemaybe Wed 23-Sept-26 00:40:46

Oh, so do I! Thinking about it, why else would the writers have had him sleeping downstairs? hmm

BlueBelle Wed 23-Sept-26 05:23:53

I ve just found out Jodi and Karl are a pair in real life
Now there’s a pairing

Calendargirl Wed 23-Sept-26 06:36:01

So fed up of ghastly Lucy.

At least with her in we’re not seeing so much of Joanie and Shanice.

Poor Kit, having to go through cancer with that family.

Just tell Lisa what is wrong with you!

BlueBelle Wed 23-Sept-26 06:49:47

My main reason for feeling sorry for Kit is having Bernie as a mother 🤣

Charleygirl5 Wed 23-Sept-26 10:04:14

I agree, he has an awful family. Lisa would at least understand if she knew. I am sure she thinks he is skiving.

Bukkie Wed 23-Sept-26 10:24:13

I love Bernie, she is a great character and a great actress. Jane Hazelgrove was superb in Casualty too. It's Gemma I can't stand, the actress is weak and they have taken her slob like characteristics too far. I do get frustrated though as in all soaps when people don't tell people what the issue is.

Maggiemaybe Wed 23-Sept-26 11:23:59

Yes, everything’s kept under wraps causing all sorts of misunderstandings and complications. Until the day it’s blurted out in the local and overheard by half the regulars and that gaggle of extras in the corner.

Jodieb Wed 23-Sept-26 11:39:32

I hope not. Karl is married to a French woman

Calendargirl Wed 23-Sept-26 21:08:20

More unlikely coincidences.

So now Chrissie is the dead Rachel’s mother, making Lucy her long lost GD.

🤷‍♀️

nanaK54 Thu 24-Sept-26 16:33:31

Calendargirl

More unlikely coincidences.

So now Chrissie is the dead Rachel’s mother, making Lucy her long lost GD.

🤷‍♀️

Madness!

BlueBelle Thu 24-Sept-26 16:43:22

JodieB I checked with Google and here’s the answer

Jonathan Howard and Olivia Frances Brown , who play Carl Webster and Jodie Ramsay on Coronation Street, are a real-life couple.

Calendargirl Thu 24-Sept-26 20:46:32

How did Chrissie know the dead Rachel was her daughter?

Surely the death certificate would be in her married name? And if she hasn’t seen her since she was 3 months old, she wouldn’t know about her marriage, surely?

Do death certificates have the deceased’s maiden name on them though?

🤷‍♀️

Jodieb Fri 25-Sept-26 11:56:26

Bluebelle and I checked AI. Will look again

Sarnia Fri 25-Sept-26 15:51:58

I think I many have missed something about Sam. I can't understand why a level headed boy like Sam is suddenly schizophrenic. I know he was under a huge amount of stress with the Megan incident but does stress cause schizophrenia?
I think he was popping pills which I thought were ADHD medication and widely prescribed so surely they would not be the cause.
Have I missed something? All explanations will be gratefully received.

Calendargirl Fri 25-Sept-26 16:05:21

No, Sarnia, I don’t think you’ve missed anything.

The scriptwriters obviously decided to include a schizophrenic storyline, and Sam drew the short straw as the recipient.

Whether it’s connected with the Megan stress, I don’t know.

I suppose Sam has always come across as ‘old head on young shoulders’, rather eccentric, very intelligent, and obviously much to deal with re the murder of his mother.

Maggiemaybe Fri 25-Sept-26 17:10:40

Calendargirl

How did Chrissie know the dead Rachel was her daughter?

Surely the death certificate would be in her married name? And if she hasn’t seen her since she was 3 months old, she wouldn’t know about her marriage, surely?

Do death certificates have the deceased’s maiden name on them though?

🤷‍♀️

I had to google to find out. smile But yes, since the 1960s they include maiden or previous names as well as dates and place of birth. I wish the earlier ones did - it’d improve my family history searches no end!

Jodieb Fri 25-Sept-26 18:40:56

You're right. AI was old news!

Bukkie Fri 25-Sept-26 21:18:14

I am confused! Was the lady Debbie spoke to on the corner originally not Toyah and then from a different angle Toyah to show Debbie's confusion? I can't explain it any more clearly, sorry.

Calendargirl Fri 25-Sept-26 21:59:45

The confusion about Toyah was meant to show how Debbie related to it.

She asked a lady in the street where the pub was. The lady was Toyah, but Debbie didn’t recognise her and thought she was a stranger.

When Toyah tried to help, Debbie responded by telling her not to touch her.

Meant to illustrate how someone you know suddenly becomes a stranger to you.

Part of the dementia struggle.

The different person was how Debbie saw her, not who it really was, if that makes sense.

Sarnia Fri 25-Sept-26 22:04:36

Sue Devaney is excellent at portraying Debbie and her increasing dementia issues.
Amy Robins who plays Christina is also very believable.
No spoilers but Jodie may be inching towards the exit. Fingers crossed.