Gransnet forums

Webchats

Dame Julie Andrews

(34 Posts)
CariGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 03-Mar-15 17:10:43

We are hugely excited to have teamed up with Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of The Sound of Music - and we’re giving gransnetters the chance to ask Dame Julie Andrews about a few of her favourite things and her memories of making the classic film!

The questions selected will each win a copy of the 50th Anniversary edition of the film on DVD featuring the all-new documentary “The Sound of a City: Julie Andrews Returns to Salzburg,” detailing Andrews' recent return to the magical city where she filmed her iconic role Maria half a century ago!

We need questions by lunchtime this Friday (6 March)

Ruby6918 Fri 13-Mar-15 06:24:45

oh dear massuvely dissapinted i felt like i was on call hold at some call centre i think it didnt refect her worth and words very poor due to music

twoforjoy Fri 13-Mar-15 11:30:52

embarrassingly loud? Come off it. lovely interview, lovely lady

gillybob Fri 13-Mar-15 12:20:42

Whilst unnecessary, the background music did not hamper my enjoyment of the interview. What a lovely voice she has. Lovely interivew.

KatyK Fri 13-Mar-15 12:55:55

I thought it was a lovely interview. I didn't really notice the music that much.

mpsandy Fri 13-Mar-15 13:34:22

Lovely interview thank you. She looks great 50 years on.

Agus Fri 13-Mar-15 20:29:32

Enjoyed the interview. Very gracious lady. The 'Muzak ' however had no connection to Julie Andrews and was a very harsh poor choice.

annodomini Sat 21-Mar-15 12:05:29

I barely noticed the music which certainly wasn't foreground! She came over very clearly on my laptop which isn't noted for its sound quality. And thanks to Julie for answering my question.

janerowena Sat 21-Mar-15 14:32:18

It was certainly too loud on my computer, it was very annoying. I had to go back and replay the start of the interview.

A lovely lady, though.