Gransnet forums

Work/volunteering

New business - but what to call myself?!

(32 Posts)
Mitramonday Thu 18-Jul-19 22:40:50

I'm about to start my own business. Initially, I thought I would go down the 'Virtual Administrator' route (basically a PA but online!) but that, although fairly recent, already seems like a fairly crowded market. I'm now thinking more along the lines of being a Virtual Shopper - BUT I'm not interested in 'styling' people, just in providing a shopping service to those who are too busy/not tech-savvy/not able to do so for themselves. Anything from groceries, to a fancy-dress outfit for their child, to domestic appliances, to booking travel/hotels/parties etc.
Now - the question! What do I call this service?! "Personal Shopper" just seems to refer to providing a styling service; "Online Shop Assistant" points to being employed by a specific retailer hmm
Do any of you lovely ladies out there have some ideas for me? TIA

adrianajohnson Tue 31-May-22 16:18:16

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.

wildswan16 Tue 31-May-22 16:48:43

Resurrected thread. Spam reported

StarDreamer Tue 31-May-22 17:30:12

Is it spam?

If such a service becomes available, with the flexibility to get products sent to one by post, properly and carefully packed, that would be very helpful for me and worth paying to have.

Someone running such a business could offer various rates, such as higher fee for wanting something promptly, lower fee for "within a week" or "within a fortnight" because that way the person running the business could go to some particular shop once a week and get items for several customers during the same trip.

If the service were advertised with a paid advertisement on Gransnet, that coukd be good.

Callistemon21 Tue 31-May-22 17:53:27

wildswan16

Resurrected thread. Spam reported

Reported again! It's Spam

aggie Tue 31-May-22 18:10:43

I’ve reported it twice and it’s still here

ixion Tue 31-May-22 19:16:33

ElderlyPerson

Oh dear! I shall need to always check dates before posting in future.

To recap -
Original post 2019
Resurrected/reported posts 2021
Current posts 2022.

Reported as advertising/spam more than once.