Gransnet forums

Work/volunteering

I thought the Manageress of the charity shop was very rude to one of her staff!

(33 Posts)
bikergran Mon 18-Oct-21 19:36:49

Popped in local charity shop in town today SENSE the manageress (I presume that's what she is) was giving out orders such a body do this ,such a body do that. Which yes I know someone has to be in charge.

I purchased a couple of items and went to the desk, there wasn't anyone about but I wasn't bothered about waiting, there was myself then another customer came to the desk.It wasn't even 30 seconds.

The manageress if that's who she is, shouted " Mary !! (not her real name )there's customers waiting to be served!! in quite a brusk and nasty tone right across the shop.

Myself and the other customer both looked at each other! the other customer said quite loudly "she wouldn't talk to me like that"!
I said " no " me neither , the customer made another remark.

I said to the young girl whos served me "does she always talk to you like that"! she just smiled politely and said nothing.

I cant stop thinking about it, I have worked in a charity shop when I was on jobseekers, but I left one charity shop because I didn't like their attitude .

Even as Volunteers there is no need to be spoken to in that manner, if Volunteers walked out the charities would be right up the Kyber.

lemsip Sat 16-Apr-22 07:55:02

Bluebelle snap! I see that we wrote our comments at exactly the same time!

MerylStreep Sat 16-Apr-22 07:56:24

Nanatuesday
Are you reviving all old threads? This is the second on this morning.
Or ? it’s HQ trying to generate some traffic.

mokryna Sat 16-Apr-22 08:18:52

I have looked up thé the name Nannatuesday2 on the search application and it doesn’t exist now.

Urmstongran Sat 16-Apr-22 08:31:43

Ha! I started reading it & when I got to Kali2’s comment I thought ‘handshake on, I thought she’d left?’ Made me check the date. October last year.
?

Urmstongran Sat 16-Apr-22 08:32:14

*hang on ... duh!

TillyTrotter Sat 16-Apr-22 09:13:41

It’s easy to tag on to an old thread when the subject title interests you. Well it is for me - then I notice the date and feel a fool ?

Caleo Sat 16-Apr-22 11:15:55

"Mary! There's someone waiting to be served!" is maybe brusque but hardly rude. If you take a job knowing someone else is the boss you really should should not be disconcerted when they instruct you.