Gransnet forums

Chat

Good news thread

(185 Posts)
NanKate Thu 16-Jun-16 15:15:26

My DS has been trying for years to get a new contract for some important work and today he finally signed that contract. Please be happy for me/ him I am not boasting.

What's your good news?

Bellanonna Sat 02-Jul-16 18:52:47

We went to the Blue Pool, Galen, but didn't go in. I also have a pic of that famous fall, whose name I forget, but isn't it magnificent?!

Stansgran Mon 04-Jul-16 08:50:17

I was going to put this on the support thread but I read some of the recent comments and didn't want to go there. My DGC whom I haven't seen in nearly two years which has caused me much sorrow are arriving tonight for two weeks. I'm actually quite nervous. They will have grown so much. I have tried to keep in touch by sending emails and photos as both children have email addresses. Wish me well.

Mildred Mon 04-Jul-16 09:04:17

Lovely so happy for you hope all goes well.

Teetime Mon 04-Jul-16 09:10:02

Great news stansgran I hope it all goes well.

My beloved youngest daughter who all but called me a racist last week is thawing , rang me yesterday and wants us to go up for her birthday in two weeks time as arranged.

DanniRae Mon 04-Jul-16 13:51:14

So pleased for you Stansgran - I hope you all really enjoy the next two weeks of their visit.

Please let us know how it goes.

Stansgran Mon 04-Jul-16 14:39:47

Thank you.

Anya Mon 04-Jul-16 14:44:37

I do wish you well, and that is certainly Very Good News.

PRINTMISS Mon 04-Jul-16 17:04:17

Well nothing quite as serious as the above, but today I had a garden trolley delivered, and not only did it come complete with all its pieces, I managed to put them all together in the right order,according to the instructions which were perfect. and ..... I managed to sort out the new radio/tape recorder we bought, marked all the buttons with fluorescent sticky paper, so the other half knows what they are (his near sight is not good, and all the signs on the black knobs are embossed!) Hope he can remember what colours are what - I have forgotten already! A good day today.

morethan2 Mon 04-Jul-16 17:38:35

stansgran that's great news. Looking forward to hearing how it went