Gransnet forums

House and home

Do you iron your sheets?

(158 Posts)
BabsAnn Sat 28-Nov-15 20:34:31

I am sitting here with a pile of ironing - yes, that would be on a Saturday night - and wondering why I am ironing the bedsheets. Am feeling rebellious (this is what two glasses of red wine does to one). Does it really matter? Does anyone else bother ironing duvet covers and sheets or do you just put them on all wrinkly?

eccentric Thu 10-Dec-15 09:09:59

Never iron a thing

Bothiegran2013 Tue 15-Dec-15 21:40:17

Great idea, I love it, but still ask......why bother?

Nelliemoser Tue 15-Dec-15 22:41:05

I am increasingly thinking about not bothering to iron bedding.
In the summer I was washing sheets etc and taking them off the line and putting them back on the bed.
As others have said as long as they are not totally creased fold them flat and put them under a pile or carefully roll them up.
I do iron tops etc which you don't want to look too crumpled.

Lucky those of you who like ironing. I can see how soothing it could be. My mum liked ironing but I did not get those genes.

maisyann Sun 03-Jan-16 19:47:28

No or anything else unless I have to. Wash clothes on a low spin dry in the wind or on a hanger for most activities a few creases will not make a differance more important to spend time having a laugh.

Greenfinch Sun 03-Jan-16 20:27:01

I enjoy ironing and will iron anything that looks creased such as shirts and sheets. I also iron tea towels. I find ironing relaxing and gives me good thinking time. I do not have a tumble dryer.

Anneishere Wed 27-Jan-16 12:51:13

No I do not iron my sheets. In fact I do as little ironing as possible lol. As soon as sheets are taken out of dryer I immediately put back on bed - and they look fresh and fine to me. But, I do know plenty of people who do iron sheets and tea towels but some people do find ironing very therapeutic. Unfortunately, I do not. grin

NotTooOld Wed 27-Jan-16 21:54:47

Nope, I don't iron sheets or duvet covers unless it's the posh duvet cover off the guest bed and then I give it a bit of a going over - unless it's DD who's coming to stay, and then I wouldn't bother as she doesn't either. I do iron pillow slips, though, as I don't like the feel of unironed ones.