Respect my choice, I hear you say,
The decision is only mine,
I shall drift in peace to an endless sleep,
And I shall choose my moment in time.

You can hold my hand so I know you're there,
You can answer my parting call,
Give me your blessing and let me go,
That's the most special gift of all.

As for me, I'd want to be spared endless suffering and pain if I was dying.
And you?

granjura Mon 09-Nov-15 10:29:38

Another poor woman came to Zuich to die a few days ago, from Wales- suffering with debilitating Motor Neurone disease. Her daughters came with her to help her on the journey, and to hold her hand and be with her at the end- and are now possibly threatened with prosecution (up to 14 years in prison!) - this is so wicked and wrong. Should have the daughters just let her mother travel alone! (which she couldn't have done of course).

I wrote to Dignity in Dying to offer to help at this end, if ever they knew of someone having to travel alone for fear of their loved one/s being prosecuted for helping them - but DiD replied that they could NOT in any way, shape or form- even put people in touch- as the anti assisted suicide lobbyist would pounce on any opportunity to prosecute them, were they shown to assist anyone, in any way at all.

Do we have any legal experts here on GN. What would happen- if a group of permanently resident in Switzerland, with dual nationality- would give assistance at this end- by picking up at the airport and being there for them, to held hands or hug, talk, provide music and favourite foods, whatever they require? Could we be prosecuted from the UK?