Gransnet forums

News & politics

Two-year old kills his mother in Idaho

(55 Posts)
absent Wed 31-Dec-14 05:02:25

A toddler on a family outing to Walmart found a loaded gun in his mother's bag and shot her. This tragic horror is not just about ridiculous gun laws , such as why the hell did she have a loaded gun in a supermarket, why was there no safety on the gun and why does anyone, except law enforcement, have a concealed gun licence (she did), but why little boys, in particular, have this obsession with guns. My grandsons pick up sticks and use the hobby horses' sticks and baseball bats as "guns" and my daughter reckons all little boys do that. She's probably right – but what is putting it into their heads in the first place? Films, television, Nerff guns in toyshops? Ironically, the Sheriff and a Lieutenant stated that "This shooting appears to be accidental". The poor little chap was two, for God's sake.

loopylou Sun 04-Jan-15 17:03:39

Terrible accident, possibly gun went off as she tried to take it from him? The fact carrying a gun is 'normal'.......

Mishap Sun 04-Jan-15 17:17:26

The link says: " She was carrying a gun because she was raised around guns." Maybe that is the problem - people there see it as normal from the moment they are born.

NfkDumpling Sun 04-Jan-15 19:31:25

I was raised around chickens - but I wouldn't take one shopping!

Iam64 Sun 04-Jan-15 19:38:50

NfkD grin