Gransnet forums

News & politics

Cameron - a "shrewd & malevolent psychopath"?

(234 Posts)
FarNorth Mon 08-Jun-15 20:27:17

Not that I am suggesting such a thing, but here is a thought-provoking article from the Guardian :
www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/jun/01/david-cameron-moriarty-downing-street-radical-thatcher

(For those who don't like links, the title of this thread gives a good clue, so you can just go from there. smile)

durhamjen Tue 23-Jun-15 22:34:10

Trisher was talking about Gideon's friends, not pensioners.
I doubt whether he has many poor pensioner friends.

Ana Tue 23-Jun-15 22:36:31

I don't think it's very likely he calls George 'Giddy', but I suppose it's worth a cheap laugh.

jinglbellsfrocks Tue 23-Jun-15 22:56:33

Oh right. I did read that wrong. Sorry. (daft way of posting though hmm)

durhamjen Tue 23-Jun-15 23:02:26

Who's he, Ana?

trisher Tue 23-Jun-15 23:13:20

grannyonce Any alternative views are always welcome. I'm willing to discuss political matters with anyone. I don't expect everyone to agree with me and if anyone can justify the actions of Cameron & Co, I would love to hear their reasons.

trisher Tue 23-Jun-15 23:21:45

Giddy was what George was known as at school before he changed his name. I think it suits him better. And we all know public school boys revert to childhood when they meet up, so I thought his friends would probably still think of him as Giddy.

durhamjen Fri 26-Jun-15 15:48:16

Trisher, your Top Trumps came up trumps.

www.opendemocracy.net/ourkingdom/sell-offs-george-osborne-doesn%27t-want-you-to-know-about

Just hope it makes them think about not doing it, but I'm not holding my breath. The good thing is that more people know about what was planned and do not like the idea.

durhamjen Sat 27-Jun-15 00:16:09

www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/jun/26/david-cameron-eu-campaign-risky-impact-uk-exit

I wonder who leaked the note.