Gransnet forums

News & politics

The Conservative Conference

(207 Posts)
Gracesgran Sat 03-Oct-15 20:48:49

Has anything happened yet? It seems strangely silent.

durhamjen Fri 09-Oct-15 11:56:33

Why is it that if we lie to the government, about taxes, etc., it's considered a crime, but if they lie to us it's just politics?

POGS Fri 09-Oct-15 12:17:32

Durhamjen

I have looked at the website and others but it does not give much detail and certainly not 'who' or 'what' is 'heading it up'.

It gives 'the vision' of Momentum but not the structure, as far as I can see and I am interested to know.

I will not however be demanding you give me an answer , that is aggressive behaviour. I just thought as it is another party you are promoting you must have the knowledge.

I do not join nor belong to any party / group it is not something I do, fair play to those who do.

soontobe Fri 09-Oct-15 16:51:17

grumppa grin

durhamjen Fri 09-Oct-15 22:51:20

Perhaps that's all there is to it, then, POGS. No structure yet. It asks for people to join and say how involved they want to be. Corbyn's democracy in action.

Gracesgran Fri 09-Oct-15 23:26:40

POGS there is also an article here

It is still not giving a lot of detail. I found it took a while to load but it is not behind their subscription wall.

durhamjen Fri 09-Oct-15 23:52:26

www.opendemocracy.net/ournhs/caroline-molloy/nhs-winter-is-coming-whats-one-thing-all-progressive-politicians-must-do-to-s

Get your MP to sign up to this if s/he hasn't done so already.
I wonder how many Tory MPs are worried after today's news on the NHS.