Gransnet forums

News & politics

I am wrong thinking this but I can't help it.

(54 Posts)
whitewave Tue 31-May-16 18:16:38

I simply can't bear hearing what happens to some of the tiniest children - carried out by the very person with whom they should be able to have most faith.

I honestly feel that I wish those doing those unspeakable things could die.
I know I am wrong but I hope they rot in hell for ever.

nightowl Wed 01-Jun-16 14:22:09

Nonnie I am so glad you have managed to rise above your childhood experiences. I have worked with, and known personally many people who have done exactly that, going on to be happy in their lives and to become loving partners and parents. So I agree that it is never satisfactory to explain away abusive behaviour as a result of childhood experiences. When working with abusers who were themselves abused I have often felt sadness for the child they once were, but I never felt their past excused what they did. So I have no sympathy whatsoever for these women. I do not believe in the death penalty but I would like to see them locked up for the rest of their lives. Some crimes are so terrible that I don't believe the perpetrators should ever be freed.

nigglynellie Wed 01-Jun-16 14:52:37

You are all right about the death penalty, deep down I know that, but I do resent the cost to the rest of us for keeping these types for the next heaven knows how long; money that could be put to much better use in recruiting more social workers, or whatever else that money is so desperately needed for to try and prevent these sort of tragedies occurring, or when they do, having the resources to deal promptly with them.

hulahoop Wed 01-Jun-16 14:55:56

They should be treated like they treated the children I hope they have a really bad time in prison . Lessons will be learnt is said too often when clearly they aren't . Glad you are really happy now nonnie .