Gransnet forums

News & politics

Jeremy Corbyn's favourite biscuit

(234 Posts)
DaphneBroon Tue 20-Sep-16 08:25:33

So, apparently he told Mumsnet
I’m totally anti-sugar on health grounds, so eat very few biscuits,” replied Mr Corbyn. “But if forced to accept one, it’s always a pleasure to have a shortbread ???
(How do you "force" someone to eat a biscuit?) hmm
Thank goodness they didn't ask him about cupcakecupcake ?

whitewave Sat 24-Sep-16 17:06:10

True

durhamjen Sat 24-Sep-16 17:13:55

They are also delicious.

rosesarered Sat 24-Sep-16 19:10:56

Jalima same here with illness and bits of bread and sugar in hot milk, it was called Pobs!

Jalima Sun 25-Sep-16 12:18:12

rosesarered I've not heard it called Pobs! It was just 'bread and milk'.

djen thanks, I will take some with me when I next visit DD.

durhamjen Sun 25-Sep-16 18:03:24

If it hadn't been for Corbyn going on Mumsnet, you would never have known, Jalima.
Now there's a thought.

Jalima Mon 26-Sep-16 10:37:11

Durhamjen Nor would I have had a vision of you sitting at your computer, on GN, scoffing Nairns GF stem ginger biscuits all the time grin

Just envious as I am being very Jeremy-like at the moment and trying to avoid biscuits.

durhamjen Mon 26-Sep-16 13:16:35

That reminds me, I need to do a Waitrose order and buy some more!

Actually, I am eating lots of apples at the moment as I have a tree full of them. Feeling virtuous.
But it's good to have some in the cupboard, just in case I feel in need of a treat.
I do tend to eat gluten free biscuits, because I think it's far too easy to eat too much gluten.
That was on the Trust me I'm a Doctor programme. Some people said they would stick to their gluten free pasta because, even though it did not show any discernable difference in their blood readings, they felt better. I buy gluten free pasta as well.

durhamjen Mon 26-Sep-16 14:58:02

Done it. Ordered some.