Gransnet forums

News & politics

Sunaks wifes company gets 35 BILLION IT contract for NHS

(102 Posts)
paddyann54 Sat 09-Mar-24 22:19:02

Infosys in the money...again.Didn't her company go under after getting Covid cash? WHY is this allowed ?

Sarnia Sat 09-Mar-24 22:28:53

They just don't get it, do they. Noses in the trough yet again. How on earth can an IT contract cost £35b? How fortunate to get his wife's bid accepted before the General Election. I hope the Opposition parties make a lot of noise about this.

Germanshepherdsmum Sat 09-Mar-24 22:49:27

She owns less than 1% of the company. Where’s your evidence for this alleged contract?

OldFrill Sat 09-Mar-24 23:18:05

At best there's a decimal point missing, at worst it's a total fabrication.

maddyone Sat 09-Mar-24 23:46:21

If she owns less than 1% of the company, it can hardly be called her company.

MaizieD Sun 10-Mar-24 08:45:08

It is her father's company.
It is still trading with Russia so why are we even dealing with it?
Sunak's wife's 'less than 1%' holding is worth at least £1billion and pays her dividends in the £millions.
This feels like corruption

GrannyGravy13 Sun 10-Mar-24 08:50:49

Anyone owning 1% of any company whether it be public or privately owned will have little sway or influence on the running of it.

MaizieD Sun 10-Mar-24 08:52:19

Correction. Sunak's wife's holding is worth a mere £500 million.

Can you give us a link for this story, paddyann?

Visgir1 Sun 10-Mar-24 08:52:23

1% of a company... That's really going to influence.

Casdon Sun 10-Mar-24 08:54:13

It’s all about scale. 1% of £1 billion is £10,000,000. 1% of £35 billion is £350,000,000. That is a huge amount of money by any standards.

MaizieD Sun 10-Mar-24 08:54:26

GrannyGravy13

Anyone owning 1% of any company whether it be public or privately owned will have little sway or influence on the running of it.

No, but she benefits from the profits, to the tune of several £millions each year.

GrannyGravy13 Sun 10-Mar-24 08:56:56

And?

She pays her taxes here in the U.K. since giving up her Non Dom status.

Casdon Sun 10-Mar-24 08:58:17

And - it’s her father’s company.

M0nica Sun 10-Mar-24 08:59:49

Since when has Mrs Sunak owned and run the company?

Infosys Limited is an Indian multinational information technology company that provides business consulting, information technology and outsourcing services. It was established in 1981 and is used by governments world wide.

In other words, it is a highly reputabable international company that exists because it wins contracts and delivers on them. Any contract it won in the Uk would have been bid for through the normal competitive procedures.

Really some people are rather uncritical. Didn't it occur to you that the probability that they have been awarded a £35,Billion contract really needed to be fact checked?

I am interested in the idea that if you own shares in a company you are responsible and a decision maker in everything it does. I own some shares in my ex-employer, British Gas.

Can I expect to read on GN next time Gritish Gas signs big contract '*M0nica's company gets £xxx billion contract to sell gas to British consumers?

Whitewavemark2 Sun 10-Mar-24 09:00:40

Regardless of Murty’s holding, the company is a family company and all their pots boil the faster for the massive contract that they are allegedly being awarded.

This isn’t the first one that this government has awarded them.

Corruption.

MaizieD Sun 10-Mar-24 09:04:49

Really some people are rather uncritical. Didn't it occur to you that the probability that they have been awarded a £35,Billion contract really needed to be fact checked?

If you have fact checked it and the £35 billion isn't correct would you like to share the actual figure with us, MOnica?

GrannyGravy13 Sun 10-Mar-24 09:05:29

After a very quick Google this is all I found

LizzieDrip Sun 10-Mar-24 09:10:22

Infosys has received a 50% increase in government contracts in recent years - worth hundreds of millions of £s. I had to search to find this information. No headlines; no widespread media outrage, or even questioning. Yet, when Angela Raynor sold her former council house and made just £48K profit, my God, it was headline news across all media outlets! Don’t we all make a profit when we sell our house; isn’t that how house selling works! The media will do everything in its power to gaslight and indoctrinate the people of this country.

MaizieD Sun 10-Mar-24 09:11:27

Palantir have nothing to do with Infosys.
I couldn't find anything when I searched, though I don't doubt they've been awarded something, it's been on the cards for a long time.

Perhaps paddyann can throw some light on it.

Grantanow Sun 10-Mar-24 09:16:20

Err, could we just stick to facts?

foxie48 Sun 10-Mar-24 09:20:27

The 2024 budget for the NHS was £180 billion (rounded up) £35 billion for an IT system (guess it would be over more than one year) would represent nearly 20% of the annual budget?? I know IT systems are expensive but!

GrannyGravy13 Sun 10-Mar-24 09:21:24

MaizieD

Palantir have nothing to do with Infosys.
I couldn't find anything when I searched, though I don't doubt they've been awarded something, it's been on the cards for a long time.

Perhaps paddyann can throw some light on it.

I haven’t got time to search deeper busy day here at GravyGrange.

Would appreciate the OP coming back with her source

Sago Sun 10-Mar-24 09:24:51

Could PaddyAnne please evidence this?

LizzieDrip Sun 10-Mar-24 09:42:21

I am interested in the idea that if you own shares in a company you are responsible and a decision maker in everything it does. I own some shares in my ex-employer, British Gas.

An interesting point M0nica. However, maybe if your father owned British Gas and your husband was the Prime Minister, the situation might warrant closer scrutiny. I don’t think anyone is saying Sunak’s wife is a decision-maker here, but she (and thereby her husband - the PM) benefit financially from those decisions.

maddyone Sun 10-Mar-24 10:11:28

Casdon

And - it’s her father’s company.

Are people to be vilified because their father owns an extremely successful company?