Gransnet forums

News & politics

Trump and Biden

(83 Posts)
nanna8 Fri 15-Mar-24 12:33:29

I think Trump will win so fasten your seatbelts! For reasons best known to themselves the Democrats haven’t replaced Biden and Trump must be rubbing his hands in glee.

Cossy Fri 15-Mar-24 12:39:01

☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️

Galaxy Fri 15-Mar-24 12:41:19

I suspect Trump will win.

Cossy Fri 15-Mar-24 12:47:39

Galaxy

I suspect Trump will win.

Sadly, I agree! God help America! God help us all!

Aveline Fri 15-Mar-24 13:04:25

All those guns and Trump is still around...

Silvergirl Fri 15-Mar-24 13:08:12

If Trump gets in, the democrats only have themselves to blame for not putting up a better candidate. Very disappointing.

Whitewavemark2 Fri 15-Mar-24 13:24:24

He hasn’t won yet -

Cossy Fri 15-Mar-24 13:37:51

Whitewavemark2

He hasn’t won yet -

🤞🤞🙏🙏

Cossy Fri 15-Mar-24 13:39:44

If I’m honest I really don’t understand how EITHER of them are the best this huge Country can find! I have no gripe with Biden, but feel he’s too old.

Nandalot Fri 15-Mar-24 13:49:21

Absolutely agree, Nanna8. I have some relatives in America who are unfortunately Trump supporters and they are ecstatic that Biden is standing.

flump Fri 15-Mar-24 13:58:48

There are many Republican voters who won't vote for Trump and in some cases have said they will vote for Biden just to keep the wannabee dictator out. The fact that there are people who look at Trump, believe his lies, ignore his many failings and think he is a good proposition astounds me.

Aveline Fri 15-Mar-24 13:59:44

It's hard to believe that those two old men are the best that the American system can produce as candidates.
How happy Putin must be.

25Avalon Fri 15-Mar-24 14:08:03

Putin’s in for another 6 years!

foxie48 Fri 15-Mar-24 14:08:30

Trump still has four criminal cases against him. One of them should have started later in March but a further 31,000 pages of documentary evidence has recently been given to the prosecution so to give the defence time to go through them, they have agreed to a 30 day delay. I'm hoping that he will end up in prison, which is where he belongs but American justice is sometimes difficult to fathom.

Just for info: I've just resubscribed to the Washington Post for £15 for the year, you can get emails with updates on the election and other matters of interest. It's a quality paper and I find it good for all sorts of information about world events, often very interesting to see how we are being portrayed as well as seeing a different viewpoint on Gaza/Israel etc.

Freya5 Fri 15-Mar-24 14:37:58

Aveline

All those guns and Trump is still around...

Insinuating something, disgusting.

Oldnproud Fri 15-Mar-24 14:56:14

It is such a ridiculous scenario that it is almost an invitation for conspiracy theories.

Much as I despise Trump, I can see that he appeals to a sizeable group of Americans who believe that he personally is their best hope of 'change'.
Because of that, I can see how the powerful Republican elite might still see something to gain by his presence.

Biden, on the other hand, with his clear physical and mental decline, doesn't seem to have anything left to offer that would attract people to vote for him personally.
Quite the opposite, in fact. So why are the Democratic political elite clinging on to him, rather than actively side-lining him and putting forward strong, dynamic candidates who can offer whatever positive things Biden previously brought to the role plus more?

It looks almost as if the Democratic presidential machine is under the control of people who don't actually want their own candidate win!

Urmstongran Fri 15-Mar-24 15:08:26

I too think Trump will win on 5 November.

Callistemon21 Fri 15-Mar-24 15:19:19

The last time I saw Trump on TV I thought he looked quite grey and ill, in fact he looked older than Biden.

Yes, I agree, in a country of about 340 million people, this is the best on offer?
Biden may be very experienced but, should he win, he'd be 86 at the end of another term in office.

Ladyleftfieldlover Fri 15-Mar-24 15:25:17

trump is only two or three years younger. He is overweight, slurs his words and refused to go up against his Republican opponents. He often suggests that Obama is still POTUS and confused Nancy Pelosi with Nicky Haley. I know Biden is slow, but if you look at his record it’s far better than trump’s ever was.

Aveline Fri 15-Mar-24 15:31:43

Freya I know.

Frenchgalinspain Fri 15-Mar-24 15:33:38

Trump is a criminal, a fanatic, he is terribly vulgar, awful international protocol, poor etiquette, filled with racist ideals and hatred, a total egoist & narcissist, control freak, cruel and has no empathy for the poor or those seeking to immigrate that are not criminals and have young children and want to have a chance for opportunity for their little ones. Trump also wants to rid the system of National Pensions and Medicaid .. He does not care, if Americans die on the streets !!!!!!!!!!!!!

On top of this, he belongs in a "straight jacket" behind bars.

He is a terrible liar to boot.

I hope that Biden or Robert F. Kennedy shall win the election. Both are doing very well according to many of the newspapers including The Washington Post, El Pais English, The Guardian and even the New York Times amongst other print media.

My views and they shall never change.

Happygirl79 Fri 15-Mar-24 16:17:47

Frenchgalinspain

Trump is a criminal, a fanatic, he is terribly vulgar, awful international protocol, poor etiquette, filled with racist ideals and hatred, a total egoist & narcissist, control freak, cruel and has no empathy for the poor or those seeking to immigrate that are not criminals and have young children and want to have a chance for opportunity for their little ones. Trump also wants to rid the system of National Pensions and Medicaid .. He does not care, if Americans die on the streets !!!!!!!!!!!!!

On top of this, he belongs in a "straight jacket" behind bars.

He is a terrible liar to boot.

I hope that Biden or Robert F. Kennedy shall win the election. Both are doing very well according to many of the newspapers including The Washington Post, El Pais English, The Guardian and even the New York Times amongst other print media.

My views and they shall never change.

I couldn't have said it better

Callistemon21 Fri 15-Mar-24 16:43:30

Ladyleftfieldlover

trump is only two or three years younger. He is overweight, slurs his words and refused to go up against his Republican opponents. He often suggests that Obama is still POTUS and confused Nancy Pelosi with Nicky Haley. I know Biden is slow, but if you look at his record it’s far better than trump’s ever was.

Well, he's nearly 5 years younger in fact so would be the same age as Biden was when he became President.

Anyway, I'm only stating a fact, not advocating for Trump!

AGAA4 Fri 15-Mar-24 16:50:26

There isn't much of a choice. A very old man or a dangerous lunatic. Surely the USA can do better than this.

Callistemon21 Fri 15-Mar-24 16:52:37

A very old man who some think is forgetful.
Or another old man who is terribly vulgar (and a lot more besides)
(I do like that description, FrenchgalinSpain