Gransnet forums

Style & beauty

Perfume doesn't seem to last

(80 Posts)
overthehill Tue 20-May-14 22:54:23

Anyone got any tricks on how to make perfume last. It seems to disappear on me before I have made it out the door.

I always buy parfum as opposed to la toilette as it is stronger but still doesn't seem to last. Are they making it weaker or perhaps my sense of smell isn't as keen as it was. I don't have trouble smelling nasty smells.

What do others think

numberplease Fri 24-Oct-14 16:23:03

Back in the late 50s and early 60s I loved In Love, by Norman Hartnell, and it was a perfume that lasted even after several hours wearing, they don`t make them like that now.

hildajenniJ Fri 24-Oct-14 16:29:47

I was very sad to hear of the death of Oscar de la Renta. I used to wear his perfume all the time. I only ever met one other person who knew it by name. She worked with me in a Care Home and came up to me one night saying "what good taste you have Hilda".

I've never found any perfume which I like as much.

Marelli Fri 24-Oct-14 19:28:53

number, I remember Hartnell's 'In Love' - it was in a small, oblong bottle with a green label and a gold top. I loved it, too. It had a powdery fragrance?
One I also liked was Je Reviens by Worth. I think I'll have a look for that on Ebay....just for old times' sake! smile

numberplease Sat 25-Oct-14 00:09:29

My favourite in recent years has been Tocade, by Rochas, but for about 10 years or so it`s been unavailable over here, apart from online, although I did manage to get some in France. That one does last as well, I`ve been able to smell it on my coat a few weeks after wearing the coat, and the perfume was on me, not the coat.