Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Archers Addict

(1001 Posts)

GNHQ have commented on this thread. Read here.

cmcpne Sat 21-May-11 20:30:57

Well I am an addict and proud of it! Love it all even the boring bits and now love Ambridge Extra.......I believe I am not alone either????

merlotgran Tue 01-Sep-15 22:08:01

I was joking about the handcuffs shock

I don't think Helen will snap unless Rob threatens Henry and I think he's too cunning to make that mistake.

Iam64 Wed 02-Sep-15 07:41:27

Oh dear, I've missed this week and didn't know Helen had a bruised wrist. Horrible isn't it. I've been waiting for Rob to hit/emotionally abuse Henry since day 1. It has the feeling of inevitability doesn't it and also may be the only thing that shakes Helen out of her dream.

Nelliemoser Wed 02-Sep-15 08:26:04

Oops "tongue" in cheek.

chloe1984 Wed 02-Sep-15 09:03:50

I think I may have to travel to Ambridge and confront Rob myself am getting so frustrated with Helen and her family ( yes I know it's only a soap but I can't help it) grin

merlotgran Wed 02-Sep-15 10:57:51

grin Nellie

Do you think Harrison's missing a pair?

Nelliemoser Wed 02-Sep-15 11:21:06

PC Harrison (whoever) appears to be all man with, or without the handcuffs Rob may have nicked. Fallon certainly seem to think so.

The Archers script writers have been quite unfair to previous policemen.

suzied Wed 02-Sep-15 11:30:31

Did he ever find the missing bunting?

BlackeyedSusan Wed 02-Sep-15 13:41:24

No, they remade it at Emma's hen party.

BlackeyedSusan Wed 02-Sep-15 13:43:48

though if it tangled round robs neck it would not be a waste...

Iam64 Wed 02-Sep-15 18:29:08

Oh yes - Rob found strangled with the missing bunting. Exactly what he deserves. I agree, PC Harrison is a real addition to the Archers, love his relationship with the slightly alternative and very likeable Fallon

Luckygirl Wed 02-Sep-15 20:04:32

Kenton has already refused loans from the family - why would he agree to this one I wonder.

BlackeyedSusan Wed 02-Sep-15 22:08:16

because jolene is going to rip his arm off and beat him round the head with the soggy end if he does not.

he might not get a choice. he might bog off to newzealand again.

merlotgran Wed 02-Sep-15 23:12:41

If I'm not mistaken, Kenton thought he was going to be paid his share in Brookfield but that didn't happen because David changed his mind about selling up and moving to Prudhoe so surely that means he still has a share in Brookfield.

Can't David, Elizabeth and Shula just buy out Kenton instead of all this loan nonsense?

confused

Nelliemoser Wed 02-Sep-15 23:49:42

Kenton has always been a chancer, he got himself into this mess. He should not have gone off spending money he had not yet got safely in his bank account.Nothing is guaranteed where sales of houses and land are concerned.
Daft beggar. He sounds a bit like my brother in law.

Iam64 Thu 03-Sep-15 08:29:17

Exactly Nelliemoser, every family has a Kenton smile

Luckygirl Thu 03-Sep-15 13:01:00

Yes Kenton was upset about the share not being forthcoming, but subsequently also refused a loan from David who was trying to make amends. He is a bit of a nit as far as I am concerned, and indeed should not have spent money he did not have.

I think you are right merlot that he has some sort of share in Brookfield, but I am not sure what the conditions of the will are as to when and how it can be shared out.

BlackeyedSusan Sat 05-Sep-15 10:35:33

It would seem that Helen is starting to see him as an abuser. She told him the wrong time for Henry's first day. She was thinking about stuff while walking around the lagoons.

Anne58 Sat 05-Sep-15 10:37:37

And she didn't really want to sit on the sofa with him!

Iam64 Sat 05-Sep-15 20:34:33

Suspense! Something very unpleasant happened to Helen didn't it.

Elrel Mon 07-Sep-15 23:06:39

Oh dear, Henry is bed wetting and it's unusual for him. Don't leave Rob alone with him, Helen! Also Daddy Rob manipulated the situation so Henry can't have Uncle Tom's 'first day at school' present yet. Control freak.
Is he hoping to make sure that the farm shop is a failure? He seems to be undermining Helen's confidence and as for 'bricks and mortar', I wouldn't trust him with Jenga set.

merlotgran Mon 07-Sep-15 23:09:11

Ah but did Henry really wet the bed or did Helen make that up so she had an excuse to leave the marital bed?

Luckygirl Tue 08-Sep-15 01:49:16

Very devious.....grin

Luckygirl Tue 08-Sep-15 22:28:08

Or.....is the bedwetting because Henry saw something at home that upset him???

Nelliemoser Tue 08-Sep-15 23:11:17

I wonder if Rob is being nasty to Henry on the quiet. Rob sounded very unsympathetic about the alleged bullying and Henry's bed wetting.

Or may be its just as Luckygirl has suggested.

merlotgran Tue 08-Sep-15 23:29:33

Wasn't Henry staying with his grandparents the night of the 'whatever?'

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion