Gransnet forums

TV, radio, film, Arts

Archers Addict

(1001 Posts)

GNHQ have commented on this thread. Read here.

cmcpne Sat 21-May-11 20:30:57

Well I am an addict and proud of it! Love it all even the boring bits and now love Ambridge Extra.......I believe I am not alone either????

Galen Fri 13-Mar-15 23:07:04

Who's dead?

grumppa Fri 13-Mar-15 23:07:57

Frieda.

Gracesgran Sat 14-Mar-15 09:55:17

This was on the Archer's Facebook page (I know - I'm sadsmile)

Bert started walking out with Freda after winning a ploughing competition.
They were married in 1956 - Bert was 19 and Freda was 17.
They went to Llandudno for their honeymoon, it rained all week.

Goodnight, Freda: 1939 - 2015.

Mishap Sat 14-Mar-15 10:38:51

Has she ever spoken?

Anne58 Sat 14-Mar-15 10:44:38

No.

chloe1984 Sat 14-Mar-15 10:50:38

Will they move Ruth's mum into Bert and Freda's bungalow and then Bert can stay at Brookfield and eventually marry Jill perhaps?

Anne58 Sat 14-Mar-15 11:02:00

grin

Iam64 Sat 14-Mar-15 11:32:17

RIP Freda - don't you just love the Archers grin

merlotgran Sat 14-Mar-15 11:44:43

Who's up for the job at The Bull then?

Maybe it'll be Carol Tregorran so they can resurrect a storyline that seems to have fizzled out.

Food poisoning anyone??

Gracesgran Sat 14-Mar-15 12:13:15

I think Freda may have made some coughing noises when they pulled her out of the floating car but otherwise no, she has never spoken.

Lots of threads now that will have to be followed up.

Jolene and Kenton will not be able to buy Lilian out. They will, hopefully, have the insurance but will they make changes to the Bull while they have the chance or will they have got so far into debt they have to sell too? Will Liian have to sell the Dower house and move into one of the holiday cottages at Jennifer (her sister) and Brian's and will her mother change her will yet again and leave The Lodge to her?

The shop will no doubt get up and running again but will the experience of having it at Bridge Farm mean that they want to go for a Farm Shop there - it would be in keeping with what farms are doing; more so than the shop in town was really.

Does Rickyard Cottage now need rebuilding and would it make a good home for Ruth's mum? Will Bert want to stay in the bungalow. Could David and Ruth make enough money for the new parlour by knocking both down and building a small old peoples complex housing both Bert and Heather and renting out the rest?

Why does Brian not seem more worried about his change in fortunes with BL and will he do his usual and come up smelling of roses when he finds fortune exposed on his farm exposed by the flooding of his fields?

That will keep us addicts going for a while. smile

Nelliemoser Sat 14-Mar-15 12:56:35

Bert and Heather could fall passionately in love, marry and live happily ever after.

Nelliemoser Sat 14-Mar-15 13:13:15

I do like the Trip Advisor site for Grey Gables.

sparkygran Sat 14-Mar-15 13:29:00

Ah endless possibilities for storylines - I too was thinking Rickyard Cottage would be a good home for Heather and do like your scenario Nelliemoser about Bert and Heatherwink

Maggiemaybe Sat 14-Mar-15 13:37:42

They went to Llandudno for their honeymoon, it rained all week.

Too late, alas, I discover I had something in common with Frieda Fry.

Iam64 Sat 14-Mar-15 18:10:30

Does this jolly discussion mean the dislike of the story lines has dropped off like all the other things damaged by the flood?

suzied Sat 14-Mar-15 18:20:20

I thought the flood story was pretty good, as this did happen last year in parts of England . However, we all know it takes years to get over a devastating flood, so if it was being realistic the story will drag on... And on...

Mishap Sat 14-Mar-15 19:11:43

The flood story was disappointing because the Archers usually follows pretty closely what is going on in the real world and major floods in UK have not been in the news in the last week or so.

Gracesgran Tue 17-Mar-15 10:12:53

Well Kenton made his feelings clear, didn't he. I do sympathise with the fact that he promised Falon help and Meriel a trust fund but I have a feeling the David, Shula and Elizabeth, when making the decision not to let him know on holiday, had no idea of just what he could have spent.

I seem to remember Phil gave him some of his "inheritance" to bail him out in the past. Does anyone else remember that?

GillT57 Tue 17-Mar-15 11:00:29

Yes Kenton has always been a bit feckless with money, so presumably has spent loads of money on the promise of his inheritance. Maybe the next storyline will be him forcing his share out of the estate, thus putting David and Ruth in financial bother.

Gracesgran Tue 17-Mar-15 12:41:49

I'm not sure, but I think Phil's will was written so that couldn't happen GillT57

merlotgran Tue 17-Mar-15 16:52:09

Yay!! Tim Bentinck (David Archer) is going to do a Q&A for Gransnet.

Do you think he's read this thread? grin

Anne58 Tue 17-Mar-15 19:17:26

Well! shock Kirsty's back!

eGJ Tue 17-Mar-15 19:45:25

When is David on?

Gracesgran Tue 17-Mar-15 23:45:58

Thanks for the heads up Merlotgran. Now ... what on earth can I ask?

Wasn't that a surprise Phoenix. I didn't see that coming.

GigiGransnet (GNHQ) Wed 18-Mar-15 15:23:01

Good afternoon Archers fans smile Just wanted to draw your attention to our latest Q & A as it's with none other than David Archer himself, actor Tim Bentinck www.gransnet.com/forums/webchats/1214683-Q-A-with-The-Archers-Tim-Bentinck-31-March please do add your questions when you get a chance.
Thanks
Gigix

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion