Gransnet forums

AIBU

............to create a quiet corner.

(489 Posts)
glassortwo Fri 11-May-12 13:02:37

Its been a while since notso corner was in use, maybe now would be a good time.

Come on in........ I am just dusting things down and have the kettle on.

Bags Mon 15-Oct-12 11:48:36

I like anno's suggestion of hiding the frying pan. It appeals to my sense of the wicked but good, what I call a Bertie Wooster approach [just feeling mischievous emoticon].

You could then say he can't have it until he promises to clean up and tidy up after himself.

All the above is whispered.

gracesmum Mon 15-Oct-12 12:09:40

Oh all of these - but I always give in because I would rather have a clean, fat-free kitchen and he would happily leave dishes and pots and pans until he actually ran out. Deep breath and get over it smile

soop Mon 15-Oct-12 12:15:49

If you can find a wee heap of dust and things that have expired behind the sofa, sweep them up, pop them into the frying pan, place in cupboard...and see what happens! hmm

Bags Mon 15-Oct-12 12:19:55

soop grin

Bags Mon 15-Oct-12 12:20:58

Dead mouse might do it wink

gracesmum Mon 15-Oct-12 12:22:56

gringrin ooh you are naughty!

annodomini Mon 15-Oct-12 12:34:35

.......but nice!

Elegran Mon 15-Oct-12 12:36:43

gracesmum Put your high standards on hold for a day and let him see just how awful the hob gets when it is not cleaned. If the fairies always keep it pristine, how does he know that it takes hard work?

grannyactivist Mon 15-Oct-12 13:22:09

Creeping into the quiet corner for a brew whilst waiting for my phone call to the Mental Health Team to be returned. Still not on top form, but better than last week and I'm up and dressed. smile Sadly my brain feels like cotton wool, but I do need to at least give the appearance of having some intelligence when I finally get to speak to someone. It's at times like this that having a cat to stroke would be quite handy - anyone got a spare that I could borrow? Have to be stuffed I'm afraid, I have a serious allergy to the real thing.

Ana Mon 15-Oct-12 13:27:58

I have an old toy dog left over from the GDs' tiny days which is lovely and squishy, and would be wonderful to stroke on your lap. I often give it a pat and a squeeze when I come across it...
Glad you're feeling a bit better, grannyactivist smile

grannyactivist Mon 15-Oct-12 13:43:56

Aaah.....thanks Ana. smile

Marelli Mon 15-Oct-12 16:29:27

Littlenellie, if you're still looking at us on all the threads, and you've had a change of name for whatever reason - (maybe you just need that wee bit of space around you)? We're all still here and you can message any of us at any time. I hope you've not left us, and we'll be here for whenever you'd like to join in again. flowers xx

soop Mon 15-Oct-12 17:04:24

I echo Marelli's message dear Littlenellie