Gransnet forums

AIBU

bad language

(284 Posts)
celebgran Thu 24-Jan-13 17:53:50

is it necessary to use 4 letter words on this forum?

I find it quite sad if that is the case. It looks so harsh in print.

We all swear more I think nowadays but still do not like it, expect I am old fashioned.

j08 Mon 11-Feb-13 22:31:57

[tongue-sticky-out] to petallus.

So there!

Sook Mon 11-Feb-13 22:40:16

granjura grin

harrigran Mon 11-Feb-13 22:46:12

granjura you are a hoot grin

fillygumbo Thu 28-Feb-13 19:56:20

I had to smile at funny post on mumsnet recently, a toddler had copied her father swearing and was stamping her foot and saying for fox sake. Her parents obviously wanting to cure her of this took to shaking their heads and looking ver cross whilst saying Oh Brother which she quickly took to instead.
I do think it is a shame the f word is now so commonplace my own children scarcely believe that thne worse word in use when I was a teenager was bloody!

Bags Thu 28-Feb-13 20:01:52

I rather like that version, filly. She may have started something good there.

Bags Thu 28-Feb-13 20:02:41

Future generations will wonder "Why fox?"

Deedaa Thu 28-Feb-13 23:00:50

That reminds me that when our daughter was small we taught her that "plug" was a word to use if you were cross. She used it happily for ages - I'm not sure what other people thought!

One of my father's favourite words was blimey. My granny heard me saying it when I was about four and told me off. I told her that Daddy said it all the time and she said he was very naughty. Naturally I went straight home and repeated this to Daddy and he said lots of new words about Granny grin

annieseed Tue 12-Mar-13 19:08:15

I do need a little mutter, sometimes out aloud, and sometimes under my breath BUT what really gets me on a TV film, when the dialogue consisters of one F after the other. It destroys the plot - I am so busy counting them. Then I go to sleep.