Gransnet forums

AIBU

Close the door and give me just one minute with this 'man'.

(147 Posts)
Marelli Wed 08-May-13 13:50:49

While I was at a village Community Police and Council meeting last night, my daughter was being attacked as she walked home from a self-help group with her friend. She was shot at close range by a BB (?) gun at least 5 times, in her thighs and lower back, as she turned away to protect herself. Apparently a BB gun is a gas-propelled pellet gun. The perpetrator wore a balaclava and demanded their bags. DD told him that they had no money on them and he just shot her. Just like that. Her friend was uninjured and was able to dial 999 as the attacker ran off, and when the police and ambulance arrived she was able to give what description she could, to them.
DD is in hospital, on an anti-biotic drip as the pellets could have been infected by his hands as he loaded the gun. 3 of the pellets will need to remain in her thighs as they are too deep to remove.
My DD has already had to deal with so much emotional stuff over the years, and just when she was attempting to get her life back on track by going to her self-help group this b.....d comes along and does this.
So....I really don't think I'm being unreasonable to want to have a private minute alone with him. One minute would be all I'd need. angry

Ella46 Wed 08-May-13 16:02:13

Marelli what a dreadful shock for you all. Your poor dd flowers
I hope the police catch the scum that shot her. (((hugs)))

kittylester Wed 08-May-13 16:17:00

Glad others suggested Victim Support Marelli. I think we are brilliant but some people are dismissive. If your daughter doesn't get a referral via the police, ring vs youirself. If they catch the b**** there is so much help available if she had to go to court via Witness Service, too.

noodles Wed 08-May-13 16:20:33

marelli What an awful thing to have happened to your daughter I feel so angry on your behalf. I hope the Police catch the swine. ((()))

kittylester Wed 08-May-13 16:24:20

Should have said that I volunteer for the Witness Service so, if it gets that far, pm me for info. angry

Ana Wed 08-May-13 16:24:58

Very, very shocking! What a brutal and cowardly thing to do to a defenceless woman sad

numberplease Wed 08-May-13 16:32:16

Marelli, I`m shocked and horrified to read this. I don`t blame you for wanting time alone with the b-----d(s) who did this, oh that it could happen. Please give your daughter all my best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Riverwalk Wed 08-May-13 16:34:06

I was so shocked reading this that I gasped! I share your fury Marelli.

I hope your daughter makes a speedy recovery.

LizG Wed 08-May-13 16:46:28

That is unbelievable Marelli, I am so sorry to read it and send you and your daughter the biggest (((hugs))) possible

Movedalot Wed 08-May-13 17:16:09

I too am totally shocked by this and send big hugs to you all. Do these children/youths understand the harm these guns do? I think they don't even have to have a licence!

I don't know why she was going to a self-help group but this must have put her right back with her self confidence. Such an awful thing to happen.

ninathenana Wed 08-May-13 17:18:19

[flowers ] for you and your poor daughter. How shocking.

Let's go get the b****d !!!!!

shysal Wed 08-May-13 17:28:47

I am completely shocked by your post Marelli! I do hope there is no lasting trauma.
The b.....d deserves the same treatment in a very painful place! flowers to all concerned.

Galen Wed 08-May-13 17:34:08

<<hugs>>flowers
I'd feel murderous.

glammanana Wed 08-May-13 17:36:49

Marelli What an absolute coward to do this to your DD I do hope she is feeling better to-day and she is getting loads of TLC and help from Victim Support.You will soon have her home and I hope you are coping with what has happened.Take care flowers

Mamie Wed 08-May-13 18:00:18

Poor daughter and poor you Marelli flowers

Anne09 Wed 08-May-13 18:23:17

Marelli what a shock. I can't believe you can't walk in the street when this happens. I understand what you can do in a minute but is it worth it.i do hope they get them. My thoughts are with you and your daughter . Take care anne09shock.

Notso Wed 08-May-13 18:32:48

You are not being unreasonable Marelli......as you say, just a minute angry

A terrible experience for you all. Best wishes and speedy recovery to your daughter, endless hugs for you. flowers

ps Wed 08-May-13 19:02:42

Marelli So sorry to hear of your daughters trauma. The low life inadequate who shot her needs to be found and quickly. Sadly any penalty will never compensate for your desire to give him a "routine enquiry". Our thoughts are with you.

Stansgran Wed 08-May-13 19:05:31

Thoughts and good wishes to you and your daughter. How does anyone get a gun like that?

Marelli Wed 08-May-13 19:11:12

Thank you all so very much. I do so appreciate it. She should be out of hospital tomorrow. They can't remove the pellets in her thighs as they are too deeply embedded, but the one on the underside of her thigh might work its way to the surface. The pellets in her lower back have been removed (I think). She held the folder that she'd taken to her group meeting to her face and that was peppered with holes. The police have taken this away, along with her skirt and her x-rays.
There was a very good report on television tonight so I hope that this will help find the attacker. It's also all over Facebook. I won't be reading these postings as I know they'll be full of drama etc, but hopefully they might just help catch this horrible, horrible man. I've looked at a BB gun on the internet and have seen that it looks like an automatic pistol. Also it says that it has a long range. This weapon was discharged at close range. She must have been so frightened.
I will tell my lovely girl that you send your hugs and flowers. Bless you. xx

Wheniwasyourage Wed 08-May-13 19:23:34

Just switched on. Marelli, I'm horrified by what has happened to your daughter, and send you and her [love], [hugs] and flowersflowers. Of course you're not being unreasonable. When the posse is organised to get this SH1T, please count me in too. angryangry

whenim64 Wed 08-May-13 19:29:46

B B guns are a type of air pistol so easy to obtain, but most people can't distinguish them from other guns. I and my staff group had one brandished at us through a window, and the police cleared the street and sent the Tactical Aid team round. We were terrified. Heavens knows how Marelli's daughter feels, we weren't harmed.

Keep us updated, won't you, Marelli?

Grannylin Wed 08-May-13 19:36:50

Dear Marelli I'm shocked and horrified for you and your family and send you all my best wishes xx and hope that he will soon be punished.

Grannyknot Wed 08-May-13 19:51:18

So sorry to read this. Shot in the back, it beggars belief. Bastard.

mrshat Wed 08-May-13 19:59:01

Marelli - I am speechless - what scum of the earth. Best wishes to you and your daughter flowers

Oldgreymare Wed 08-May-13 20:50:52

Marelli so sorry to hear of this dreadful attack. I can understand your anger and frustration. Hugs to you and your daughter.