Gransnet forums

AIBU

Is it ever okay to have an affair

(39 Posts)
NannyLea Fri 06-Jun-14 11:59:57

Just been reading this letter from an older gentleman about whether to have an affair. Not sure I'd be happy letting my OH go off and water someone else's garden just because I've put the hose down.

www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2014/jun/06/my-wife-no-longer-wants-sex-i-like-to-have-an-affair

shysal Fri 06-Jun-14 20:52:31

grin grin

janerowena Fri 06-Jun-14 22:04:51

Think DBH has hidden his...

Lona Fri 06-Jun-14 22:22:08

I have one coiled up under the kitchen window, so anyone can use it.

Ana Fri 06-Jun-14 22:25:59

Lona - what community spirit!

janerowena Fri 06-Jun-14 22:50:17

grin It sounds rather churlish to ask if I could inspect it first.

specki4eyes Sat 07-Jun-14 06:57:13

It always begs the question..when men claim that their wives arent meeting their needs..were your lovemaking habits effective for HER needs? So many men view sex in a 'wham bam thank you maam' way. No foreplay no loving preambles just instant action turn over go to sleep! What woman after years of washing their smelly socks and putting up with their snoring can suddenly turn into a juicy sex goddess without a lot of tlc! It annoys me that wives dont stand up and demand that their OWN needs be met!

Lona Sat 07-Jun-14 07:57:53

janerowena It isn't very long but it works for me! wink

Marelli Sat 07-Jun-14 08:04:37

I agree, specki. Perhaps this man's wife was utterly fed-up with his demands and also he may never have made the effort to make her happy in that part of their relationship. Obviously, he's not going to mention that in his letter on that page. He does seem to be concerned that he's a bit 'under-endowed', however.....and that this may let him down at a swingers' session (!) Oh dear, no wonder his wife gave up on him. Not because he was under-endowed, of course - but if he has leanings towards joining swingers' clubs, well......it's a wonder she's still with him at all!

Nelliemoser Sat 07-Jun-14 08:58:27

You daft hose obsessed lot! grin gringrin

Hollydaze Youv'e made a good point. If it has gone on for 25 years, why is it now a problem? Has he spoken to her to find out what turned her off sex? Is he the type of man that if you so much as hug him, he's sees it as a green light for sex (I know many women find that off-putting)?

Perhaps he hasn't been meeting her emotional needs either. Some men still seem to feel that having sex is part of a women "wifely duties".

bikergran Sat 07-Jun-14 09:48:30

I have read recently (forgot what the percentage was)! but it seems that a high percent of over 60s go seeking affairs...

kittylester Sat 07-Jun-14 09:50:00

There will be no need for any watering of gardens this weekend if we get the promised storms! Hoses need not be deployed! grin

ginny Sat 07-Jun-14 11:06:48

Short answer is 'No'. If you can't be faithfull at least be honest.

rosesarered Sat 07-Jun-14 15:16:09

No storms, or much rain either where I live, which is annoying as the garden needs it. Some rain this morning, but not enough.As Sunday is supposed to be dry, I may well need to get the hose out [need a new one really though] as this one's a bit on the short side and inclined to be a bit leaky and kinks easily.What do others reccommend?There is a new curly one on the market that springs back neatly itself when not in use, it coils itself into a plant pot [see the shopping channels.] I am tempted!