Gransnet forums

AIBU

Hermes delivery

(56 Posts)
ninathenana Wed 04-Nov-15 13:20:52

I am soooo angry that I'm tearful.
A private car driver has just come to my door with a parcel I'd ordered. I'd had an e-mail from Hermes about the delivery.
He banged the glass in the front door rather than use the knocker. I commented on this saying he was lucky I'd heard him. He then refused to give me the parcel shockshock went back to his car. I apologised though I didn't think I had cause to. "No, too late now. I'm sending it back" Got in and drove off.
I immediately got on the phone and sorted it but I am still fuming!!!

vampirequeen Sat 07-Nov-15 07:27:54

Sometimes my Amazon items come though the post and other times via Hermes. I'm lucky to have a sensible Hermes delivery lady who lives relatively locally. She leaves her phone number if I'm not in so we can arrange a redelivery between us or I pop to her house to collect.

Anya Sat 07-Nov-15 08:05:19

The email for their CEO is [email protected]

I'd email her if I was you.

Pittcity Sat 07-Nov-15 08:11:21

We have just dropped off a parcel at our local BP garage to be returned via MyHermes. Fingers crossed it gets there. They were less than half the price of Royal Mail!

ninathenana Sat 07-Nov-15 09:06:11

Thanks for that Anya
The replies to the message I left on their FB page support him !!
So I don't think there is much point.

overthehill Sat 07-Nov-15 21:43:59

Not Hermes as this was quite a few years ago now.

Knock on the door and presented with a package the shape of a wedge of cheese. i.e. flat one end rising to a peak the other.

This was once a china serving dish. As he gave it to me it rattled alarmingly. I said I wasn't go to accept it. He then told me the fork lift had driven over it at the depot but they decided to deliver it anyway.....huh!!