Gransnet forums

AIBU

Thank you

(62 Posts)
M0nica Sun 28-Aug-16 21:42:35

or perhaps it should have been '!' not '?'

M0nica Sun 28-Aug-16 21:42:00

Your DD gets miffed if any one forgets to send her a card?

jinglbellsfrocks Sun 28-Aug-16 21:40:57

Am I the only one who never sends wedding anniversary cards? I know which month DD got married in, but the actual date? Haven't a clue.

Bad mother.

rosesarered Sun 28-Aug-16 21:38:49

Generational thing!

rosesarered Sun 28-Aug-16 21:38:29

number don't feel too bad about it.....none of mine say thanks for an anniversary card, thought I expect they like to receive it.It's a generational thing.They do thank for any present on birthdays and Christmas.

numberplease Sun 28-Aug-16 21:21:01

Also my daughter does set great store by cards, whatever the occasion, she gets very miffed if anyone forgets. I always ring to thank people for birthday or anniversary cards, not Christmas ones though.

numberplease Sun 28-Aug-16 21:17:58

I`d had the card for 2 weeks so I hadn`t forgotten, I just forgot that our only postal collection is at 9am, was thinking there was a later collection, so if I`d posted it they wouldn`t have got it till at least tomorrow.

willsmadnan Sun 28-Aug-16 20:21:34

A taxi to deliver a card does seem extreme, especially as you live in the same post code area ( I presume). I would expect a card to be deliverd in 24 hours. There are websites you can log onto who will do a next day guaranteed delivery and you can choose the card without leaving the house.... great service if you are housebound, or just like me ... disorganised / forgetful! They even send you reminders!! Much cheaper than a taxi. And as Crafting said, today's generation aren't as tuned in to cards as their parents. I email greetings these days ... even most of my Christmas cards, unless I know a particular friend isn't into the technology. It's hard to accept I know, but that's the way it goes in the 21st century I'm afraid.

Crafting Sun 28-Aug-16 19:52:01

number I wonder if younger people do not realise the significance that cards have for some of us. Growing up in a world of Facebook, mobile phones etc etc. and not being aware of times when telegrams were once the quickest way of getting a message to someone, I don't think cards count so much to them. Also, your SIL might not have mentioned that you called round with the card. Perhaps they were out celebrating.

f77ms Sun 28-Aug-16 19:50:18

I wouldn`t expect a thankyou for a card , unless I handed it over directly and they said thanks at the time . Unless of course there was a voucher or something inside ?
I wondered about the taxi too?

jinglbellsfrocks Sun 28-Aug-16 19:20:37

Did you forget? grin That seems a rather expensive way of getting a card to them!

I wouldn't worry about them not thanking you yet. Perhaps you could give them a ring and explain about the unusual delivery method and see how they are.

numberplease Sun 28-Aug-16 19:10:48

Yesterday was daughter number 2 and hubby`s wedding anniversary. They only live a 5 minute drive away, so on Friday I took a taxi round there to post the card through their door, asking the driver to wait and bring me back. When I got there, SIL was home on a day off, I said I couldn`t stop because the taxi was waiting. Since then, not a word. Am I unreasonable to have expected a thank you phone call? Or am I being petty?