Gransnet forums

AIBU

Constructive criticism?

(110 Posts)
rubylady Sun 18-Sep-16 06:57:34

. . . to expect people on here to post constructive criticism instead of tearing into other peoples points of views? It's not even a counter argument most times, it's just an unnecessary cruel comeback which is not constructive criticism. Anyone can oppose a viewpoint, but it should be done in a positive and friendly manner, not in a vicious way, like it is done at times on here.

Life, for us all, is hard at times and we should be supporting each other, not putting someone down. I, for one, have had enough of it and it is spoiling my enjoyment of being on here. It is, as usual, only the minority spoiling it, but please, come on, think before you post, and try to be nice. It cost nothing.

Smileless2012 Wed 21-Sep-16 14:37:37

I hope you find some peace when your son finally leaves for uni. rubylady here are someflowersuntil yours arrive on Friday.

Lona Wed 21-Sep-16 15:23:07

Sorry you're having a hard time again ruby, hopefully you will get stronger when he's gone and then change the locks!
flowers sunshine

Jayh Wed 21-Sep-16 15:53:40

Flowers from me too Ruby I hope you feel much better soon flowersxx

cornergran Wed 21-Sep-16 19:29:52

Just caught up with this thread. Talk to someone when you can ruby, too much thinking time isn't always helpful. People are here for you. Not long now until Uni day. Wishing you peace.

rafichagran Wed 21-Sep-16 20:33:40

flowers
I hope you feel better soon.

DaphneBroon Wed 21-Sep-16 22:29:11

Is it tomorrow, the big day? Safe driving if you are taking him after all although personally after his tantrum I'd be pointing him towards National Express hmm

rubylady Thu 22-Sep-16 06:07:36

Thank you to you all, you are very kind. I am sorry for saying vile, I didn't mean on here, but in my private life, sorry.

No, Daphne I am not taking him, I have a man doing it for me. I couldn't, not with how I am. 9am Friday is when he goes.

I have just re done my food delivery. More soup. smile I need my stomach to settle. Thank goodness for the rain, that always calms me.

That's the plan Lona, to get stronger when he goes, and change the locks. How can I get strong when I hear that I am a bitch? How can I have self worth? If he was a partner I would throw him out lock stock and barrel, but a son? How am I supposed to be when he wants to come back to visit? He either changes his ways or he doesn't come back at all. But will he? I doubt it. I think he has eventually got me scared of him. I can't believe it has ended up like this.

Falconbird Thu 22-Sep-16 06:41:28

Hi Rubylady, I think that once your son is out on his own in the world he will have a good hard look at himself and see what a good mum he has.

Thinking of you today and tomorrow. Stay strong. flowers

morethan2 Thu 22-Sep-16 07:03:10

I hope you feel better rubylady do you feel as if you've reached a crossroad in your life, that can be a bit scary, perhaps your son feels the same but his fear comes out as a bit aggressive. As for people being 'kind' I'm often a bit embarrassed that I come across as too 'kind' you know the sickly type. I'm honestly not like that at all and can stand my ground in real life if I must. I use GN for light relief really. So I keep off the really heavy threads. I'm just not 'up to it' anymore. In actual fact some people's comments make me laugh out load. I like a bit of wit, caustic humour and irony. A tread is like any conversation in any office or workplace everyone puts in their two Pennith and it moves and develops almost like Chinese whispers.