Gransnet forums

AIBU

Am I just a female Victor Meldrew?

(52 Posts)
Hopehope Sun 07-May-17 12:56:54

If I am a female Victor Meldrew I wonder if any of you agree with me, or am I the only grumpy one?

I was shopping in Sainsbury, and as is often the case there were Children waiting to pack bags,collecting for a Charity, and supervised by an Adult. This time it was a local Child with a Brain Tumor. I know that is a terrible thing, but I cannot give to everything. I object to this " In your face collecting"

The thing I find most annoying is the packing of the bags. Today I said " No thank you I want to pack it myself( it is a trolley). I said that if I don't balance it properly it makes it more difficult pulling it home). I made sure the Woman supervising heard me say this.

She totally ignored me, and started telling the Kids to " Put the Oranges at the bottom". Once again I said I would rather pack it myself, Kids were chucking small stuff in, I was taking it out and starting again. I blame her, not the Children.

Finally I was finished, just putting my Purse away, and she leans across grabbing the next shopper's bags, telling the Kids to start packing. I could have hit her to be honest.

I did not donate any money. The thing is, had they listened to me in the first place I would have put some change in the box.
I felt like telling her that, but she was so bombastic she probably would not have listened in any case.

Corncob Wed 17-May-17 18:08:46

I just say sorry I don't carry cash. End of.