Gransnet forums

AIBU

Words of songs

(31 Posts)
Hildagard Tue 20-Jun-17 10:15:30

We were lucky enough to go and see The Manfreds recently, I have always loved Paul Jones voice. I now can't get certain songs out of my head very frustrating. I daren't sing out loud I may cause accidents my voice is not good. Anyone else have this?

Ana Thu 29-Jun-17 21:27:01

Not one of their best, to my mind roses.

I do like Pretty Flamingo and some others though.

Didn't Paul leave and was replaced by Mike someone? And poor old Mannfred was never really acknowledged although he was always there in the background!

Nandalot Thu 29-Jun-17 21:33:43

Paul was replaced by Mike D'Abo. Paul and Mike both sang at the recent concert I went to. As well as being impressed by Paul standing on one leg, I was impressed by Mike's ability to get up from his knees in one go during one song. I think it was Ha Ha said the clown.

merlotgran Thu 29-Jun-17 22:14:46

Manfred Mann's 'Down The Road Apiece' was the first LP I bought. It's very bluesy and totally unlike their later stuff.

My friends were all buying Gerry and the Pacemakers and Freddy and the Dreamers so I reckoned I was dead cool. grin

rosesarered Thu 29-Jun-17 22:17:02

I liked Mike D'Abo better than Paul Jones ( starts a riot.....dons tin hat) grin

kittylester Fri 30-Jun-17 06:38:53

It was one of the worst days of my young life when Paul Jones was replaced by Mike D'Abo!