Gransnet forums

AIBU

to expect mail to be addressed to me?

(56 Posts)
hildajenniJ Sat 07-Oct-17 15:08:01

Today my DH received a letter, addressed to Mr. J. When he opened it, attached to the letter was my new debit card from our bank! It's a joint account, but really, AIBU to think that in 2017, with gender equality in the news almost every day, the letter, and MY bank card should have been addressed to me?

sarahellenwhitney Sun 08-Oct-17 19:03:32

LesleyC Why do you need to advise your bank you are going on holiday unless you intend trekking around the world for a year or two.If DH is so easy going and if it annoys you to have to ask his permission to speak to Sky and Bt why have it in his name in the first placehmm. These companies could be approached by anyone and by doing what they are doing then covers them against fraud.

Redrobin51 Sun 08-Oct-17 19:20:38

Yes I had something similar happen. I had always had an account with a local building society but thought I would add my husband's name just in case I was ever too ill to access the money. As soon as I did that everything started coming in his name. I went absolutely ballistic and write a really strong letter and also phoned them up to complain. I had an abject apology everything from then on was duplicated and they sent me ยฃ25 as an apology.x

sandelf Sun 08-Oct-17 21:02:19

If it is joint 'either to sign' then you should receive it direct to you - but if it is joint, both to sign and his name is the first, then correspondence will go to him.

seasider Sun 08-Oct-17 21:11:47

I booked a holiday with Saga and paid the deposit. I was lead passenger so why did all the documentation come addressed to DP? I was cross because though we had discussed the holiday ( for my significant birthday) I was going to surprise himangry

Lindylo Wed 18-Oct-17 11:08:07

I've had a similar problem with Natwest. It was my current account and I've had it for years and we decided it would be a good idea to make all our accounts joint. Since then everything is addressed to my OH who actually never uses the account. I've asked for mail to be addressed to me but Natwest just ignore the request.