Gransnet forums

AIBU

Colours,your favourite and how do you use them?

(55 Posts)
Panache Wed 18-Apr-18 09:01:20

Would it be...........
In your home,in your wardrobe or possibly in your Jewellery Box?

I love,love,love purple and all colours of the sea from a deep jade,to aqua marine and whilst coupled with cream I have used these colours within my home to great effect and many a compliment may I add .........

Whilst these colours always take precedence in my wardrobe.

The colour purple is often associated with Royalty,nobility,luxury,power and ambition.Purple also represents meaning of wealth,extravagance,creativity,wisdom,dignity,grandeur,devotion,
Peace,pride,mystery,independence and magic.

Jade is a talisman of peace and serenity.It calms and restores,like a veil of slow moving clouds covering the moon.It is spiritual.It ranges from pale to mid blue,sometimes a pale bluish-green,and is widely used to temper emotional upheaval!

Aquamarine enhances creatitivity and inspiration,it calms and balances the mind and emotions,often referred to as “water of the sea”.

(Please don`t judge me, by my outfits or my home by these descriptions.............although I do find many of them to have much truth within them!!!)

Grandmama Thu 19-Apr-18 18:49:56

I often wear red and/or blue but I do have other colours in the wardrobe. I thought that purple was a 'winter' colour so not in my colour range (cool summer). For internal paint I like yellow and buttermilk, outside white and dark green.

Diggingdoris Thu 19-Apr-18 19:30:36

I'm like you 'coconut' . That baby blue features in almost every room in my house somehow; walls, cushions, china.
My wardrobe is mostly shades of blue and shades of red, and its so easy to mix and match with accessories. So I hate it when I see the new palette for the seasons and they are the lime green, mustard, terracotta, maroon shades.

kaybomba Fri 20-Apr-18 08:24:31

So many of you love purple! I've just bought a purple rucksack but I'm not a lover of purple. Whilst in the store I looked online and found a lovely turquoise rucksack in the same style ...Cheaper too! But I felt it would be rude to reject the purple one as the assistant had been so helpful even discounted the purple one as he didn't have the other colour. But now I keep looking longingly at the photo of the turquoise one. Feeling a bit better now I've told you all what a spoilt unappreciative sulky brat I am.

Panache Fri 20-Apr-18 08:45:38

Tell you what ...........I`ll happily "accept" the gift of your purple rucksack so that you can feel free to go purchase the turquoise one kayomba. (Like your name btw)