Gransnet forums

AIBU

Why is GN being used as a whipping post for Corbyn?

(112 Posts)

GNHQ have commented on this thread. Read here.

OldMeg Tue 04-Sep-18 07:25:05

Has anyone counted the number of threads currently active which are purely Anti-Jeremy Corbyn?

This is NOT a thread about a thread, but about the principle of being allowed to use this forum in a way which is not, surely, acceptable.

Does anyone else agree that this is heading beyond free speech and political debate and diversity, and has now entered the realms of something else?

Perhaps GNHQ would like to address this query too?

Jalima1108 Thu 06-Sep-18 14:52:29

think

Elegran Thu 06-Sep-18 18:23:05

There are many people who use Gransnet to spread their own particular philosophy. If admiring one politician more or less than another politician is "beyond free speech and political debate and diversity, and has now entered the realms of something else" then a lot of posters are well into "something else" - and not all of them have been dissing JC.

alchemilla Sat 15-Sep-18 17:52:47

Jalima the OPs original question was why GN was used to bash Corbyn and whether it went beyond MN guidelines and those regulating free speech.

As I understand (despite interesting and aggravating diversions) the point was made that May, Boris, Tories generally were being equally bashed if not on AIBU then on the politics thread.

I must admit I can't wait until the party political conference when we will be able to comment properly on what the various parties actually put forward.

lemongrove Sat 15-Sep-18 20:31:01

alchemilla what happened to your ‘mollis ‘ bit? Are you the same poster? smile

Elegran Sun 16-Sep-18 10:06:26

But I bet you don't know that Gransnet doesn't allow spam posts, and doesn't allow betting sites to post.

Anniebach Sun 16-Sep-18 10:08:36

Is that what it is, oooooh I am so against betting ?

Elegran Sun 16-Sep-18 11:06:27

Oh, the post I was commenting on has gone, completely deleted, all trace of it gone not just deleted by Gransnet as against the rules. That makes my reply look rather odd. To clarify - it was to a spam post.

Anniebach Sun 16-Sep-18 11:21:46

I saw it Elegran

seomelon06 Wed 19-Sep-18 08:52:23

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

seomelon06 Wed 19-Sep-18 08:53:47

Tongueli Thu 20-Sep-18 09:05:32