Gransnet forums

AIBU

Why is GN being used as a whipping post for Corbyn?

(111 Posts)

GNHQ have commented on this thread. Read here.

MawBroon Tue 04-Sep-18 08:08:33

Oh loopyloo if only.....grin

kittylester Tue 04-Sep-18 08:07:47

Thanks oldmeg. grin

loopyloo Tue 04-Sep-18 08:07:29

What' something else?' Are you implying the poster is a bit obsessed or is backed by a sinister force or that the Russians are involved? We still have free speech and we should defend that right.
If people didn't add to those threads they would soon fizzle out.

OldMeg Tue 04-Sep-18 08:05:27

??

MawBroon Tue 04-Sep-18 07:56:33

Merely suggesting a lack of original thinking Old Meg, just as people at bus stops or doctors’ waiting rooms etc moan about the weather/government/Brexit/immigration/ the potholes/the youth of today/the price of everything/Marks and Spencer’s!
(On which subject, how many threads do we get on M&S, going grey, or DILs ...??)

OldMeg Tue 04-Sep-18 07:55:23

Actually it’s quite reassuring that thinking posters like you Maw and Jane have replied in this vein. I worry too much!

OldMeg Tue 04-Sep-18 07:48:45

Kitty I’m not ‘dictating’ what anyone puts up. I’m simply asking are numerous threads like this what GN is all about? Let’s say someone posted three threads knocking Mary Berry? Or about their DiL?

Just because Maw this is a political figure (and I agree with your point that they are ‘easy targets’) doesn’t mitigate my original point.

Would this be considered normal or bordering on something else?

MawBroon Tue 04-Sep-18 07:31:37

Isn’t it a case of the “same old, same old”?
JC and TM, like any government/Front Benches of the day are, , dare I say it, easy targets (other “easy targets” are of course available) requiring little original thought or input.
Of course they are guaranteed to run and run!
Others of us sigh, skip past those threads, unless we are really stuck for something to read, and hope for more original or enlightened topics.

kittylester Tue 04-Sep-18 07:30:38

Oldmeg you cannot dictate what others post nor can you dictate what they think about JC.

If you have problems with any posts you should report them directly.

Jane10 Tue 04-Sep-18 07:29:03

Sorry. I try to avoid the political threads. Maybe it's only the same people saying the same thing on each thread? Boring and repetitive but that's not a crime.

OldMeg Tue 04-Sep-18 07:25:05

Has anyone counted the number of threads currently active which are purely Anti-Jeremy Corbyn?

This is NOT a thread about a thread, but about the principle of being allowed to use this forum in a way which is not, surely, acceptable.

Does anyone else agree that this is heading beyond free speech and political debate and diversity, and has now entered the realms of something else?

Perhaps GNHQ would like to address this query too?