Gransnet forums

AIBU

The Men in White coats are coming for me soon [confused] there's room in the van for a few more!

(145 Posts)
bikergran Sat 23-Mar-19 19:06:47

Last Wednesday morning I (after years of deliberation) booked an appointment at the Docs! so far so good, I though wow!! theres an appoinment at 11.30 today!!! Wow! cant believe it! as we all know how impossible difficult it is to get an early app.

So I gets myself sorted and waiting until 11.00 gets down to the docs, waits patiently in the que, walks up to the desk (feeling good that I have at last made the attempt)

Receptionist asks name d.o.b etc etc says "hmm cant find you on list" then says "oh yes your hear" only! its not this Wednesday its Next! Wednesday.... confused blush

paddyann Sat 23-Mar-19 23:38:46

morethanI lose stuff all the time I put a three kilo bag of apples in the freezer instead of the fridge and it was days later when I needed them to make apple pies/sponges that I discovered where they were.They were inedible .I've always done stuff like that though I remember when I was about 14 making a cheese pudding for supper(remember supper) I took it out the oven ,made tea and took the cups etc through to the table then I couldn't find the pudding.i'd taken it from the oven and put it straight in the bin!My excuse is my mind has so many other things to think about that I forget what day it is sometimes .

fairisle Sat 23-Mar-19 23:55:46

grin I often stop talking mid-sentence,i`ve always done it,embarrassing though as people " give that look" to each other as if to say "how strange"

Maggiemaybe Sat 23-Mar-19 23:57:33

Not me, but my friend, Nannylovesshopping. Last thing at night she brought the cat in and put the dog out. She told me the poor old dog would have been fine if only he'd realised that she'd also forgotten to lock the door. confused

gillybob Sun 24-Mar-19 00:13:55

g.co/kgs/7CNbN2

They are coming to take you away... hee hee, haw haw... biker grin

GrandmainOz Sun 24-Mar-19 00:35:27

My OH sent his boss a txt on Friday "won't be long. Love you xx"
It wasn't till the boss txt back " thanks for letting me know??" that he realised! It was meant for me. Poor husband, very redfaced

MissAdventure Sun 24-Mar-19 01:44:15

I asked a friend (who took a day off work to do so) to take me to a hospital appointment for some treatment.
All went well until I went to 'book in' and they had no record.

I flourished the letter under the receptionist's nose, and she pointed out I was at the wrong hospital. blush

rosecarmel Sun 24-Mar-19 03:30:38

More than once I've tried getting into a car that wasn't mine! Looked exactly like mine, same color and make!

RosieLeah Sun 24-Mar-19 07:07:06

Can't contribute anything but had a good laugh reading all your tales.

Marelli Sun 24-Mar-19 07:44:03

With a large queue behind me in Boots, I became flustered. Tried to shove my purchases in my handbag (too many), got mixed up between my bank card and Advantage Card, put my PIN number in, then offered cash to the (very young) assistant, too. Thanking her profusely, I shoved all the receipts into my purse and hurried away, not looking back. I hope the people in the queue were of a similar age to me, then they'd understand. ?

DanniRae Sun 24-Mar-19 08:08:33

I have no story to add but being in the van sounds great fun so can I come too? Where are we going btw.......the seaside I hope??? confused

sodapop Sun 24-Mar-19 08:35:43

These stories made me chuckle, I often get confused with appointment times as we use the 24 hour clock here in France, I invariably confuse 2pm & 4pm why don't I learn from my mistakes ?

Charleygirl5 Sun 24-Mar-19 09:22:04

rosecarmel I frequently do that at the supermarket but my car is two door whereas I frequently try to get into a 4 door- same colour etc. To date I have not been caught.

I took a jar of damson jam out of the cupboard 2-3 days ago, and have not seen it since. If I buy another, this one will no doubt turn up.

KatyK Sun 24-Mar-19 09:23:37

I have been in the car with DH and I see something interesting and I think 'oh I'll just wind that back' blush

bikergran Sun 24-Mar-19 09:25:30

Gilly ohh I had long forgotten that song, I seem to think they banned it if .'Im right

Dannie think the first bus/van is now full, you may have to jump on the second bus, it will be along any time (not sure whos driving it)

Myyyy you have all been busy whilst I've been in the land of nod smile
Don't forget your I.D. so we can return you all home later.

grumppa Sun 24-Mar-19 10:02:27

I will take care not to arrive a week early for the next bus, as I once did, with all the family, for a fortnight's holiday.

Nannylovesshopping Sun 24-Mar-19 10:09:05

grumppa???

nanasam Sun 24-Mar-19 10:17:37

We turned up at Malaga Airport for our flight home only to find out we were a day late (we'd booked for 13 nights, not 14). We had to spend 3 more days in Malaga before we could get a flight home. Stupid mistake cost us £700!

RosieLeah Sun 24-Mar-19 10:18:12

Are there any budding authors on Gransnet? A book of these little anecdotes is bound to be a best-seller.

bikergran Sun 24-Mar-19 10:21:04

ohh yes!! the holiday I had forgot about that!

I had booked little weekend in Llandudnno for dh and myself, its about a 2 n half hour drive.

Got there went in hotel and gave my name, girl at the desk couldn't find my name(bit like the Doctors)!

I was adamant I had email from them confirming our stay,
anyway turns out (yes you guessed it)! a week early! blush

They were lovely about it, the hotel owner liaised with the hotel next door( goodness knows what he told them)! eyes roll emoticon .He arranged for us to sleep next door but still have our breakfast and dinner at his hotel. He was lovely and even told us to sit down and they brought tea and cake to us free (think they felt sorry for us) .

bikergran Sun 24-Mar-19 10:22:22

nannasam oh thats not funny at all...oh dear that was a costly mistake which you will never make again.

bikergran Sun 24-Mar-19 10:24:45

RosieLeah that would be a brill idea! combined with the "Have my arms shrunk " thread complete with little sketchers lol .

DanniRae Sun 24-Mar-19 10:28:45

Happy to jump on the second bus bikergran but hope we have a driver? On second thoughts I'll probably need someone to get behind me and push me on the bus.........my days of jumping on anything are definitely over. sad

BlueSapphire Sun 24-Mar-19 10:29:36

I was merrily cooking pancakes (in my dressing gown) for late breakfast on Pancake Day, for some reason walked over and looked at calendar and realised I had a solicitor's appointment at 11 that morning. I had convinced myself it was on the Thursday! Managed to have a shower, get dressed and get to the bus stop in 40 minutes, world record for me.

bikergran Sun 24-Mar-19 10:29:40

Dannie don't mention the seaside, last time I was there on a virtual party, my inflatable friends floated out to sea, never to be seen again (long story) but if you have been on one of the GN virtual tours then all will become clear. smile

mrswoo Sun 24-Mar-19 10:31:46

Oh Paddyann you have really made my day! I too thought Mother’s Day was this Sunday and I’ve been feeling a bit fed up and neglected wondering why even the cat had forgotten me. Mind you, I might still be feeling neglected next Sunday?
Think we might need a double decker bus