Gransnet forums

AIBU

30 yr friendship

(56 Posts)
ninathenana Tue 09-Jul-19 15:59:21

We only see each other 2-3 times a year since she moved out of area but we text a couple of times a week.
I text her today to update her on something happening to me. She told me I hadn't said anything. I replied that I had.
She then text that I was always picking her up on things and that I am not perfect and she could pick me up on things but dosen't.
How is politely reminding her that I'd told her picking on her ? As it happens I have never commented on her awful spelling and grammar, nor would I, she was my friend.
She said "I really pisses her off" when I do it. To say I'm gobsmacked is an understatement.
I finished my text with "it's a shame, but that's how you feel. We'll leave it there" not expecting a reply. She has replied and I don't know how or whether to respond. I'm hurt and angry.

Acer Wed 10-Jul-19 20:01:06

How about sending a WhatsApp at least your know if it’s been picked up.

Maybe say, whatever is the matter, can I help. This is so not like you.

Acer Wed 10-Jul-19 20:34:43

How about sending a WhatsApp, at least your know if message has been collected.
Maybe say, whatever is the matter this is so not like you, can I help at all ?

Hymnbook Wed 10-Jul-19 21:25:11

I'm in a similar situation. I am on holiday with a friend. She's over 80 has health problems as do l. She can be very sharp and nasty at times. We had an awful holiday last year made worse by her attitude towards me. Things aren't quite as bad this time but she loses patience be cause of her health and takes it out on me. She never takes responsibility for her actions and seems to think it is all my fault. I think she is in early stage dementia. I have to make a decision about whether to go away next year or not providing l can still afford holidays

moggie57 Thu 11-Jul-19 21:54:33

maybe you should see her face to face instead of a text. as text messages always come across in different ways.i hate all this texting .maybe she needs a shoulder to lean on.can you arrange lunch together...?

JackK Fri 19-Jul-19 10:37:46

Thank you Urmstongran! Much appreciated!