Gransnet forums

AIBU

Friens booked surprise concert. Don't want to go.

(111 Posts)
annep1 Tue 23-Jul-19 14:31:00

Best and oldest friend has special anniversary soon. Has booked meal in nice hotel for ten of us. Also booked a tribute concert. Can't say which one in case I am recognised, but its very loud. We went with them last year (the way we were asked we couldnt say no) and I got through it with earplugs. My husband did not enjoy. Last time we visited she told me so that I would know to bring earplugs. Its going to be a possibly shock "surprise" for the others. I would be interested in hearing views. I am not looking forward to this. I would prefer to give her the cost and not go. It is so awkward. I would never book something that might not be someones taste. I know she means well. Shes a very kind person.

annep1 Thu 25-Jul-19 18:34:13

My son takes migraine. Hi used to. You have all my sympathy. My son got his ear pierced in some special way that is meant to help. Can't remember the detail.

annep1 Thu 25-Jul-19 18:34:46

I used to!

Hithere Thu 25-Jul-19 19:27:45

Annepl
I am aware of that piercing.
I have read mixed reviews about it so I haven't jumped to it yet.

I hope yours are fine for good!

Hithere Thu 25-Jul-19 19:29:06

Gone, sorry. Not fine

FarNorth Thu 25-Jul-19 19:57:07

Well done, annep1.
Enjoy the dinner, and I hope the other guests aren't too shocked by the choice of entertainment.

(I remember often having ringing ears the day after a loud concert, in my youth. It's not a new thing.)

SpringyChicken Thu 25-Jul-19 22:49:26

So pleased you appreciated my advice, Annepl. Thanks for saying. ? You'll sleep well tonight.

annep1 Thu 25-Jul-19 23:04:29

Thank you Farnorth. Yes wasn't that ringing awful?.
Hithere it is painful so it would be a last resort.
And you're very welcome Springychicken .
Goodnight all.

annep1 Tue 29-Oct-19 06:38:30

Insomniac00 I wish I had heeded your advice!

dragonfly46 Tue 29-Oct-19 06:57:08

Oh dear - didn’t go well then?

annep1 Tue 29-Oct-19 07:45:32

Well it seemed to but no contact since. Texts ignored. I'm just going to leave it for now.