Gransnet forums

AIBU

AIBU to expect DH to have common sense?

(112 Posts)
Quizzer Thu 21-May-20 15:56:25

Lovely warm day and I returned from my walk to find that DH had opened the door from our kitchen to conservatory "to get some air into the kitchen" The k. does have its own windows, which were shut. The temperature in the conservatory was almost 40C (104F) and consequently the temp in the k. was over 30C and rising! In the winter he leaves the same door open and all the warmth of the k. escapes into the unheated conservatory. I have tried locking him out there but he still does constantly. angry

Lucca Fri 26-Jun-20 23:01:05

Could it be about teachers wearing slippers or other indoor footwear and who taught Meghan ?

GagaJo Fri 26-Jun-20 23:03:37

And also anti Corbynista, Boris groupies.

grandtanteJE65 Sat 27-Jun-20 13:20:11

No, it is not unreasonable to expect another adult to have common sense.

Unfortunately, OP's husband seems not to understand the point here.

Perhaps, OP, you should open the kitchen windows before going out and lock the conservatory door and take the key with you.

lemongrove Sat 27-Jun-20 13:22:39

Grandtante grin

lemongrove Sat 27-Jun-20 13:24:19

Lucca and Gaga what on earth are you talking about?
Have you read any of this thread??

Rufus2 Sat 27-Jun-20 13:29:15

I will start a thread with a highly provocative title about teachers
Grandad Attaboy! grin Someone's sure to take your bait, but give a shout if you get into trouble!
Meanwhile;
"Those that can; do!
Those that can't, teach!
Those that can't teach, Inspect!"
Good Luck! grin.

Lucca Sat 27-Jun-20 14:27:34

Wow Rufus - never heard that one before

Galaxy Sat 27-Jun-20 14:50:20

Yes how funny and original.

Rufus2 Sat 27-Jun-20 15:17:23

Galaxy/Lucca
No need to be sarccy! smile Of course you have!; it's as old as the hills; perhaps not the last line which I'm told is more relevant these days, but apologies if it's touched a nerve! sad
Cheers

Lucca Sat 27-Jun-20 19:33:01

No nerve touched sorry. Every need to be sarky in my opinion.

GagaJo Sun 28-Jun-20 00:03:50

Every culture has to have a whipping boy Lucca. In ours it's a hard working, dedicated group, while those in charge make a career of being useless.