Gransnet forums

AIBU

AIBU to think Katie Price should be banned from keeping animals?

(134 Posts)
Bluebellwould Wed 22-Jul-20 22:14:23

Today she ‘sadly’ announced her daughter’s young puppy had died through a tragic accident. She then publicises the fact, I suppose, in order to gain column inches and sympathy. As far as I can tell that is 3 dogs and 3 horses that have died under her ‘care’. She also sold off her pets that she previously had when she needed the money. Does she have no shame? Surely this is the sort of case the RSPCA should be investigating. IMHO she is absolutely disgusting and should be prosecuted forthwith. I am so cross.

Galaxy Mon 27-Jul-20 09:41:48

She was in her teens when she began modeling, I wonder how much of an informed choice she made back then. She didnt stand a chance in my view.

Galaxy Mon 27-Jul-20 09:44:35

I think there is a conversation to be had on the pressure on women re plastic surgery etc and the ethics of those who carry it out. I dont think that was what was happening here though.

Chewbacca Mon 27-Jul-20 09:53:43

There are some harsh comments on here.

Chewbacca Mon 27-Jul-20 09:55:10

The post @ 16.10 yesterday was horrible. Just so mean and unnecessary.

GillT57 Mon 27-Jul-20 12:08:21

Well, I have just come back onto this thread, it has deteriorated fast! Whoever originally said
"the jugs" aren't real, "the artificial sacks" of whatever, have been in out and possibly shaken all about so many times now, I imagine her frontage looks like a patchwork quilt

needs to have a good talk with themselves. Disgusting

TerriBull Mon 27-Jul-20 12:25:18

"The jugs" are not an expression I normally use, I was quoting the previous poster. However, KP herself has often talked about the many operations she has had on her breasts, I believe she even auctioned off the artificial implants at one time, thus she makes no secret of the fact that they have been in and out of her body so many times to be reduced and then made larger. My point was, which I made in a later post, and quite rightly was pointed out by Galaxy a digression from the original subject and probably should be a separate discussion, is that she parodies the female form, and as an influencer, which she is, presents a very fake idea of femininity. If you are someone who is persuaded by that ideal, and many young women are, then maybe as women we could question that.

I have already said, I don't think she had any reason to muck about with her appearance there was nothing wrong with it in the first place.

Perhaps you'd let me know what else I should include in my "talk to myself" Gill

Galaxy Mon 27-Jul-20 12:28:10

But she was a glamour model in her teens, blaming KP for her influence on teenage girls is just more misogyny, she is part of the cycle bot the cause of it.

Furret Mon 27-Jul-20 12:31:00

tickingbird

Furret

Well said Galaxy & rafichagran the level of ill-informed bitchiness on threads such as these is abhorrent

Furret - since when were you appointed forum moderator?

As someone upthread pointed out there have been many downright nasty posts about Boris Johnson and other members of his government- far worse than anything said about Katie Price. KP does court publicity so can hardly complain. As for warning posters they should watch out for the papers getting wind of this forum - try reading the comments section of the online rags!!

I am entitled to say what I think about the low level of comments and it that hits a nerve then too bad. And I wouldn’t stoop to reading what you suggest.

3nanny6 Mon 27-Jul-20 12:38:37

I did not like that post either it was from TerriBull and it was
aimed at being nasty and disgusting to Katie Price.

I will say I put a post on about Katie Price and I used the word
"Jugs" I did not use it in an insensitive way I just thought it was better than saying T--S". In hindsight I should have just used the word breasts. The post about " the artificial sacks" did not come from me.

This thread has been nasty vicious and callous to say the least, Katie Price took to glamour modelling and if their wasn't a place for it in her hey day then she would not have been so successful. She is a strong woman and cares for her children so why are many posters being so bitchy.

TerriBull Mon 27-Jul-20 12:48:07

I was pointing out, she is part of an industry that promotes changing practically everything natural about physical appearance. Although I imagine right now, her influence with teenagers is very much on the wane, but in her heyday possibly she was right up there with say the Kardashians. If that particular family didn't have any influence then they wouldn't have the reality shows/followers on social media that they do. I don't know how old KP was when she was launched as a topless model, or whether she was always fully in control of her images. I hope she was. When she was at the height of her popularity she came across as someone who was in the driving seat, very successful from spin offs, merchandise and ghost written books for example, she was the essence of a self made woman. As with the Kardashians I don't think men are always there manipulating or pulling the strings, just a mother I gather! I think it's a shame it has all collapsed around KP sending her in to what comes across as a downward spiral. Possibly the surgery is a symptom of that, trying to hang on to what she once had.

EllanVannin Mon 27-Jul-20 12:48:30

She cares so much that she flew off to Turkey leaving behind her son who had been in a " touch and go " life situation !!

Bluebellwould Mon 27-Jul-20 12:49:38

Well thanks most of you for derailing my thread about whether or not she should be banned from keeping pets because of the high death rate. Instead it has turned into a nasty thing as seems to be the case on most gransnet threads. Still serves me right for thinking people would be interested in animal welfare.

EllanVannin Mon 27-Jul-20 12:51:10

It pains me to think that a child or even an adult after a severe illness needs his/her mum to be close and she's not there.

Could anyone in all honesty do this ?

Stansgran Mon 27-Jul-20 12:52:40

I’m out of the loop with celebrities so I did a quick google. She is not that devoted to her disabled son and animals as she’s off to turkey with the latest man friend and leaving son and animals behind presumably with careers ,kennels etc etc. Wikipedia names the disabled son's father. I’m glad I don’t follow celebrities. I don’t think it’s healthy.

Furret Mon 27-Jul-20 12:54:20

Having previously thought she'd have to cancel the getaway due to her oldest child's "complex" medical condition, doctors have given the teen the all-clear to go abroad.

A source told The Sun Online: "Katie's been planning her first 'family holiday' with Carl and Harvey - she booked it the day before Harvey first fell ill and has been considering cancelling it all week.

"But doctors have signed Harvey off as safe to fly so they're all going to Turkey later this week."

Katie's PR added: "I can confirm that Katie has planned a getaway and that Harvey and Carl are due to accompany."

Furret Mon 27-Jul-20 12:56:39

Not a paper I normally read EV but I thought I’d check out your statements that she left Harvey behind.

Now either you or the Sun has got it wrong.

EllanVannin Mon 27-Jul-20 13:02:03

I loathe that newpaper Furret for many reasons including how it handled the Hillsborough tragedy---it's not purchased in Liverpool and for good reason. I wouldn't trust it !

3nanny6 Mon 27-Jul-20 13:04:21

Looks like Furret has come up with some information about the holiday to Turkey and it looks like Harvey is also going on the holiday.

So all of you saying she cannot care much to leave her disabled son very well done to you.

What was that I have previously said about being Bitchy !!!!!
I hold to that being truthful.

TerriBull Mon 27-Jul-20 13:06:14

I think if you put your "implants" I think that is the right word, not artificial sacks up for auction and allow them to be photographed umpteen times you can't feel too precious about them, and why would you anyway because they are just that "artificial/man made" not an actual body part. Whether there should be a stupid asinine euphemism for such items such as "jugs" to show due reverence I wouldn't like to say, but if anyone knows such a word, I promise to include it in my next talk to myself.!

Furret Mon 27-Jul-20 13:06:20

Oh no! You don’t wriggle out of it that easily EV.

Where did you get your information from? I’d like to check out your source.

Galaxy Mon 27-Jul-20 13:17:06

And she was at his bedside which is more than his father has been. But no thread on him.

Lucca Mon 27-Jul-20 13:17:29

Furret

Oh no! You don’t wriggle out of it that easily EV.

Where did you get your information from? I’d like to check out your source.

And I’d quite like an apology for the unfounded accusation of being nasty EV

3nanny6 Mon 27-Jul-20 13:19:54

BlueBellwould ; sorry but your original post asking if Katie
Price should be banned from keeping animals seems to have gone off in another direction and it turned into a condemnation about K.P.s morality her lifestyle and almost everything else.
I even read in a very early post someone had posted She should be banned from having children.
Such a lot of sad nasty posts made.

EllanVannin Mon 27-Jul-20 13:26:34

Shall we wait and see first Lucca and Ferret ?

I don't do apologies just because I'm told to either !

EllanVannin Mon 27-Jul-20 13:27:25

What information is that Ferret ?