Gransnet forums

AIBU

Feeling bad about nephews visit

(60 Posts)
Glenfinnan Wed 23-Dec-20 23:51:24

We are being extremely careful with regard to the virus. Common sense and the Government guidelines say no Household mixing which I agree with! Do why did I feel so mean keeping my nephew and his daughter on the doorstep today when they delivered a gift to us!! Mixed up or what!

Patticake123 Thu 24-Dec-20 16:10:20

Today is my Granddaughter’s 8th birthday. My daughter, her husband and both children have just been to see us. They sat on dining chairs in the garden, covered by blankets, hugging hot water bottles and drank a coffee. We agreed this was a Christmas Eve we’ll never forget. Do I feel guilty? Not for a minute. Do I feel sad? Absolutely.

NannyG123 Thu 24-Dec-20 16:12:03

I did the same with my son. He stood halfway along the garden path. But everyone in my family are sticking to the rules to stay safe

Astelle29 Thu 24-Dec-20 16:14:18

I know exactly how you feel. My grandson, his wife and 3 great grandchildren have just brought presents for me, and I gave them their presents on the doorstep. The girls are 11 and 8 and understand, but the little boy is 3 and he came up the drive singing Merry Christmas with the present , and as they were leaving he ran back and hugged me round my legs, I felt so sad that I couldn't give him a cuddle.

Smiffy58 Thu 24-Dec-20 17:59:27

My sister,BiL and nephew are planning to "pop on" Xmas morning, which I don't feel comfortable with. My DH has offered to be the Grinch and say they can't come in!

4xGranny Thu 24-Dec-20 20:32:22

My DS came round to exchange presents this afternoon. We stood at opposite ends of the drive. It was freezing and heartbreaking not to ask him in or at least have a hug. It won’t be for ever.

nananet01 Thu 24-Dec-20 22:20:35

Our double garage is attached to our kitchen. I made up a makeshift lounge I scrubbed the outside furniture and laid it out. I sprayed the garage and left the garage door up. My son felt comfortable and stayed an hour. I hope I havent put him at risk. Reading this I'm worried now. We were a good 2 metres apart and in coats as the door stayed up.

GrauntyHelen Thu 24-Dec-20 22:41:58

We've had no one inside since March apart from HCPs

MissChateline Fri 25-Dec-20 17:21:18

Damn.....I knew I had forgotten something......I didn’t disinfect my partner at least 3 times and leave him in the porch for 72 hours.......honestly.....

nananet01 Sat 26-Dec-20 11:17:55

Haha Miss Chateline....you're right we need a bit of humour !!