Gransnet forums

AIBU

Young girls wearing next to nothing on the beach

(80 Posts)
Soroptimum Mon 14-Jun-21 15:10:55

Just spent a week in a lovely holiday flat overlooking Poole harbour and a beach. Excellent weather so lots of young folk out enjoying the sun, especially this Saturday. But! I was quite shocked at some of the girls’ clothing. EXTREMELY small bikinis that left nothing to the imagination, not just on the beach but in the supermarkets etc. The young men were ok - shorts a T shirts mostly. What if they’d been wearing budgie smugglers!!! Now I’m not prudish by ant means, but I found it quite uncomfortable. AIBU?

timetogo2016 Sun 20-Jun-21 19:12:02

I think some have missed my point,but whatever AmberSpyGlass and Mollygo.

sandelf Sun 20-Jun-21 19:25:57

Beach - Bare if you wish (but I will be looking away). Elsewhere, cover your trunk at least. I wish lasses had respect for themselves. I believe it would result in them being treated better - but then I'm a rules girl (now).

alchemilla Sun 20-Jun-21 21:22:17

I don't care what small children wear on the beach providing they have proper sun care. I think it's ludicrous seeing baby girls in bikinis - that's sexualising them.

I do object to topless men off the beach and ditto women in bikinis. Doesn't take much to throw on a shirt or top.

AmberSpyglass Sun 20-Jun-21 22:21:39

Why does wearing a bikini mean you don’t respect yourself? I’m confused.