Gransnet forums

AIBU

Drove over my flowerbed

(65 Posts)
jaylucy Tue 06-Jul-21 10:42:40

I'd say childish !
Like a naughty little boy told not to do something, he straight away went and did it!
Large stones or rocks are quite a good idea although not sure that it would stop him doing it again.
I don't really understand why you can't point out to him that what he did was wrong - and pointless. Yes, you may rely on him to do certain things for you and he knows that and holds you to ransom by his behaviour, thinking he can get away with it because you won't say anything.
You either have to just accept that the wild flowers will grow again and hope he doesn't do it again and put up with his form of bullying or stand up to him at the risk of losing his help, but possibly being able to get that help from outside your family or maybe from another family member.
Age UK offer a lot of services that might be useful to you as back up .

Alioop Tue 06-Jul-21 10:41:46

Rocks idea very good and no more dinners for son

Dylant1234 Tue 06-Jul-21 10:39:02

If deliberate, that’s abusive.
If accidental - well, let it go - the rocks idea is good!

polnan Tue 06-Jul-21 10:38:00

Rocks. not saying where though

JdotJ Tue 06-Jul-21 10:35:14

I'd slap the back of his legsangry

FarNorth Mon 05-Jul-21 14:52:15

Would be normally need to drive in that direction?
If so, maybe he was forgetful.
If not, he was nasty.

Put some rocks there and draw them to his attention.

Baggs Mon 05-Jul-21 14:41:48

Actually quite savage if it really wasn't necessary and straight after you'd been talking to him about your wildflower patch. Is he nastily disrespectful generally?

NanKate Mon 05-Jul-21 14:01:25

I would be having words !! I would also explain how upsetting it was to see the lovely flowers mown down and would say I am very disappointed at his thoughtlessness.

Poppyred Mon 05-Jul-21 13:21:46

What `Hetty58 said!

NotSpaghetti Mon 05-Jul-21 13:21:35

I'm with you Hetty
A few large rocks or similar.

Hetty58 Mon 05-Jul-21 13:13:01

I'd put a few large rocks there to stop it happening again!

Caleo Mon 05-Jul-21 13:07:43

Greenlady, I do not know. He is very good at handling a car. As timetogo says not nice either way.

He takes offence very readily, and is also a big help to me in important ways. He also says how much he appreciates the lovely dinners I make for him. The fact is he is unconscious of wild flowers, never sees them, which unless someone has paid money for them, he calls weeds.

timetogo2016 Mon 05-Jul-21 12:56:40

Not nice either way.
I would make him park on the road in future.

greenlady102 Mon 05-Jul-21 12:52:33

accidentally or on purpose?

Caleo Mon 05-Jul-21 12:51:47

My son was nearly ready to leave my place. We were on the front drive and I showed him my clover patch and how it was so pretty. A few minutes later he drove over the middle of my clover (and a few other wild flowers). With a little care and patience he could easily have avoided the flower patch.
I don't mind him teasing me about my liking for what he calls weeds, but this was too much and I am disappointed and annoyed.