Gransnet forums

Arts & crafts

Knit a hat for this year’s innocent and Age UK Big Knit campaign. Best hat wins a prize!

(56 Posts)
LaraGransnet (GNHQ) Fri 02-Dec-16 16:57:08

Calling all crafty gransnetters.

Fancy knitting some little hats to support innocent and Age UK's The Big Knit to help keep older people warm this winter? For every hat-wearing bottle sold, 25p is donated to Age UK. There are plenty of patterns to inspire you (from the very easy to the challenging) but you're very welcome to devise your own creation too.

Once you've finished your hat (though don't feel you have to stop at one!) take a photo and upload it to this thread.

On January 31st we'll select the best five and put them to a Gransnet vote where the winner will receive a bundle of books to the value of £80 as well as a stash of delicious innocent Smoothies.

Usual T&Cs apply

LaraGransnet (GNHQ) Fri 10-Feb-17 15:29:58

...Gamebird as the winner! Check your inbox please Gamebird. We'll be sending you an email shortly. And GrannyKnot you were the very close runner-up so we'll send you a little something too.

Thanks again smile

shysal Fri 10-Feb-17 15:55:57

Congratulations Gamebird and Grannyknot. Your hats are lovely. I used to watch out for my efforts in Sainsbury's, saw one once.

Maggiemaybe Fri 10-Feb-17 18:16:45

Congratulations, Gamebird and Grannyknot! Both very worthy winners! smile

Gamebird Mon 13-Feb-17 12:45:05

Wow, thanks everyone. I am totally in awe of those of you who can knock out one of these in 20mins!

Grannyknot Mon 13-Feb-17 12:59:08

smile smile thanks! And well done gamebird!