Gransnet forums

Arts & crafts

What are you wearing today?

(71 Posts)
hollysteers Sat 04-Apr-20 11:50:17

I keep reading about making an effort during lockdown. Alone at the moment, I wearing a cosy fleece over a T shirt and black jogging trousers. BUT, I put on my bright red lipstick and best specs plus earrings for video calls. Haven’t washed my hair for a couple of weeks and acrylic nails need attention, so filing them down myself. No bra?.
I draw the line at slippers out of the bedroom, so am wearing comfy, battered boat shoes. And that dab of scent.
Apologies if this is a repeat of someone else’s post.

GagaJo Tue 07-Apr-20 19:42:39

I actually got fully dressed today because GS got me up so early. Then had to strip most of it off again because it was so hot and I was lolling outside with him. GS was naked but I decided I shouldn't join him, for the sake of my elderly neighbour.

GagaJo Tue 07-Apr-20 19:43:37

No bra though. Haven't worn one for 3 weeks. Bliss!

FarNorth Tue 07-Apr-20 19:50:01

Scruffy black jeans, scruffy green long sleeved t-shirt hidden by chunky denim blue jumper, casual slip on shoes that I use as slippers.
I put pyjamas on when I'm actually going to bed.

Trisha57 Tue 07-Apr-20 19:58:40

tapered bright striped trousers (lightweight), black sleeveless v neck top, long light black cardigan. Washed hair as usual (daily in shower) but it's growing out from a pixie cut (about 3 months now!) so have got a piece of material from my scrap bag and done a sort of "land girls" scarf in bright red.! Too much effort to try and make my hair look decent so I'm covering up until I can get it cut really short again, hopefully for the glorious summer we re going to enjoy after lockdown..........

Trisha57 Tue 07-Apr-20 19:59:56

Oh, and a comfort bra - sort of sports cropped top underneath my top. Absolute bliss!

Trisha57 Tue 07-Apr-20 20:01:08

Gagajo Go on, I dare you!!!!

GagaJo Tue 07-Apr-20 20:18:19

I have been known to. To my blokes horror, I went naked on a beach in Greece (not the same as a NE backyard I admit). I did it partly to get over my aversion to breast cancer surgery scars. Annoying the old boy was an incentive too tho.

I'd give the neighbour a heart attack I think. He's shielding due to a heart problem. I don't want the last thing he sees to be an old, wobbly, fat bird with grey roots and ginger hair.

TerriBull Tue 07-Apr-20 20:26:30

Skinny jeans, navy vest t shirt and long navy shirt over that, but wearing my slobbing out night time gear now, minus bra!

Missfoodlove Tue 07-Apr-20 23:43:22

Navy shorts and a now not so white T Shirt after a day in the garden.

jdga Wed 08-Apr-20 04:25:40

Navy shorts, pale pink tee, my (looks like) “chocolate Easter bunny” ear-rings, & a spritz of “Arpege”.

M0nica Wed 08-Apr-20 08:05:29

Why do people find bras so uncomfortable? Once mine is on I forget I am wearing it. I have never worn anything that was uncomfortable.

Whitewavemark2 Wed 08-Apr-20 08:08:07

Navy chinos, cotton Breton top, sandals!! First time for the year.

GagaJo Wed 08-Apr-20 08:09:04

My bras are pretty comfortable, but they’re all push up, plunge, cleavage bras and I have no need for any of that right now.

Hetty58 Wed 08-Apr-20 08:15:17

Comfy pyjamas and a cardigan. Showered and hair washed (I'd just be itchy if I left it) and indoor loafers.

I'll get dressed only for the dog walk - then back to pyjamas (even in the garden). I just love being so comfortable - and the laundry is simple.

janeainsworth Wed 08-Apr-20 10:06:58

White linen shirt, long patterned cotton shirt & soft wool v-neck jumper, sheepskin slipper-boots.
It’s chilly up north!

MiniMoon Wed 08-Apr-20 10:09:01

Blue jeans and a cosy navy sweater. On my feet are a pair of red bootee style slippers.

NotSpaghetti Thu 09-Apr-20 12:23:05

Ha ha M0nica we have had the comfy bra discussion several times on Gransnet I feel!

Whitewavemark2 Thu 09-Apr-20 12:27:10

Multi coloured short sleeved top and pale blue cotton trousers.

Open toed slippers although I should be wearing sandals as I’m pottering in and out if the garden.

Whitewavemark2 Thu 09-Apr-20 12:28:46

What a difference in what we are wearing!! Some still dressed for winter and others like me dressed for summer.

tanith Thu 09-Apr-20 12:35:55

Today it’s denim shorts and black t-shirt, Flipflops. Been fo my walk and intend on mowing the lawn once the washing is dry. I love it when I can get my cotton skirts, shorts and flipflops out, bliss to feel the sun again.

henetha Thu 09-Apr-20 12:38:34

I'm in my purple fleecy house trousers and a red and black striped top. I like colours. And I have done my hair and makeup (mininally), and am wearing earrings, pendant, 3 rings, and my purple watch.

grannysue05 Thu 09-Apr-20 12:46:28

Yes Whitewave i thought the same. Today I have just discarded my long sleeved thermal vest for a sleeveless version !!!
And on top a pink thin jumper with pull-on M & S jeans.
I do feel the cold and live in the North West. Still today promises to be lovely.

benny44 Tue 09-Nov-21 00:19:32

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.

crazyH Tue 09-Nov-21 00:36:32

Bluebells, if you wash hair everyday, doesn’t your colour run out? How often do you colour your hair, assuming you do.

crazyH Tue 09-Nov-21 00:44:49

Joggers all day - then had a shower two hours ago and into my jimjams. I could live in them