Gransnet forums

Arts & crafts

My Big Fat F***** C*******s

(73 Posts)
Witzend Fri 22-May-20 12:44:39

Dreadfully unseasonal, I know - blame lockdown! - but I’m quite pleased with him. Might make another one or 2 for Gdcs’ school fairs in late November.

In the past I’d never have started making C-word things until at least September - it felt all wrong. But I must say it’s nice to be able to make them without that ‘hurry up, get a move on, or it’s never be going to be finished in time’ feeling.

merlotgran Fri 22-May-20 12:46:40

Heavens! l clicked on this thread PDQ because I didn't want to miss anything before it was deleted. grin

Great Title! grin

Glorybee Fri 22-May-20 12:47:42

Well done Witzend, he’s fabulous!

Kate54 Fri 22-May-20 12:57:30

Love him! I would definitely buy one. Wondering where those C*******s fairs are located!

FarNorth Fri 22-May-20 13:04:04

I'm not a fan of C*******s, in general, but your S***a is lovely.
smile

NfkDumpling Fri 22-May-20 13:05:58

Where did you get the pattern? He’s lovely. (I’d need three and take a long time to knit anything!).

rosenoir Fri 22-May-20 13:08:22

He is great. Brilliant title.

crazyH Fri 22-May-20 13:10:12

Great !!!!!

Kate54 Fri 22-May-20 13:10:47

Not a particular C*******s fan myself as it happens but my adult autistic son absolutely loves all things Santa so I’m always on the look out, at any time of year. If there’s a pattern we can access, I can ask a bored knitting friend to adopt it as a little lock down project. I’d buy the wool, of course.

Witzend Fri 22-May-20 13:35:20

Thank you for all kind words.?

He’s 34 cm tall - the pattern is in Jean Greenhowe’s Christmas Special booklet, only exception is the polar bear, which I took from an Alan Dart Advent Calendar pattern. There are other suitable sack items besides the fairy in the same JG booklet: snowman, elf, toy soldier, etc. on the Last Minute dolls page.
Her Nativity set is also in that booklet.

As with all JG patterns, at least all those I’ve tried, the actual knitting is pretty simple and the instructions meticulously detailed. The only fiddly bits were the holly leaves and berries on his hat, but still not difficult.

He didn’t take as long to make as I’d imagined, but still a great excuse for ignoring housework!

DanniRae Fri 22-May-20 14:32:37

Oh he is adorable - I would love one too.
Well Done x

Oopsminty Fri 22-May-20 14:38:11

He's fabulous, Witzend!

I'd love one

Have you thought about selling some?

Friend of mine who crochets has set up a small work from home business and advertises on FB etc etc.

Callistemon Fri 22-May-20 15:08:31

He's lovely, Witzend! Well done.

I still haven't sewn up the C****** N***** set, apart from Mary and Jesus blush

And I thought oh no, not another sweary thread this is getting like Mumsnet grin

sodapop Fri 22-May-20 15:38:41

He is wonderful Witzend think you have a good market here on GN.

Same here merlotgran I always miss the contentious posts.

AGAA4 Fri 22-May-20 15:52:26

Don't like the C word but this FC is wonderful!

Kate54 Fri 22-May-20 16:27:41

Thanks Witzend. I bet you never thought there’d be so much interest on here!

Witzend Fri 22-May-20 17:00:15

No, Oopsminty, I haven’t thought of selling them. This one will be for little Gdcs and if I do make any more they’ll be for their school fair raffles (pre school and primary). That’s assuming they’ll still be holding such events of course - if not dd will find homes for them, she has so many friends with little ones.
Thanks again for kind comments. ?

Puzzler61 Fri 22-May-20 17:12:29

You’re so clever Witzend! Santa is so handsome and just love the cute toys in his sack ?

phoenix Fri 22-May-20 17:16:57

Lovely!

Justwidowed Fri 22-May-20 17:22:31

What a lovely picture.I bought a very similar Father Christmas for £5 in a charity shop about 5years ago and all the family love him.I feel sad when I get him out each year thinking of the Grandma who spent so much time making him only for him to end up in a charity shop. One of mine has already laid claim to him!!

Witzend Fri 22-May-20 18:03:19

But think how happy that Grandma would be to know that he’d found such a nice new home!

NfkDumpling Fri 22-May-20 18:59:36

I’ve ordered the booklet from EBay! I’ve never knitted toys before so it’ll keep me out of mischief!

Caramac Sat 23-May-20 09:18:58

Oh I wish I could make something as wonderful! Well done he’s perfect ?

barbaranrod Sat 23-May-20 09:21:49

oh Witzend these are fab,i love him ,do you take orders ,i have a daughter who adores C?????????? and always sets her C????????? table at the end of September ,willing to pay xxxx

Purplenanny273 Sat 23-May-20 09:23:56

I thought eek someone was angry. Great to see your lovely c word santa c