Gransnet forums

Arts & crafts

Banksy latest :)

(48 Posts)
bikergran Sat 12-Dec-20 11:02:14

What do you think?

Must learn how to do links!

Its a "mature" lady walking up a very steep the hill sneezing and her false teeth fly out hmm

bikergran Sat 12-Dec-20 11:04:22

smile

Nandalot Sat 12-Dec-20 11:05:48

I thought it was the old lady who swallowed a fly until you pointed out it was her teeth! Where is his trademark splash of red?

FannyCornforth Sat 12-Dec-20 11:08:57

I can't stand Banksy!tchblush
It really winds me up that he can't to physical proportions to save his life.
Look at the size of the woman's hand tchconfused

FannyCornforth Sat 12-Dec-20 11:19:04

do proportions obviously.
I don't think that he can actually draw.

Sparklefizz Sat 12-Dec-20 11:21:53

Well, the house was up for sale with contracts about to be signed next week, and now Banksy's artwork has meant that the house is now worth "millions" apparently, so the seller has withdrawn it from the market.

crazyH Sat 12-Dec-20 11:25:50

I have never understood how he paints these things without being discovered. Surely, there'll be the sound of ladders etc, paint tins - and surely, he will have help. I don't understand how he manages to stay anonymous

bikergran Sat 12-Dec-20 11:28:03

I have no idea how he gets his artwork on the walls?

Does he already design it like a print and paste it on the wall?

There is no way surely he stands there for hours painting it without being noticed.

I notice there is some kind of frame around it so maybe it's done elsewhere then somehow put on the wall. confused

FannyCornforth Sat 12-Dec-20 11:30:35

CrazyH he does it with stencils and spray paint, so it would be done quite quickly. He probably does have an assistant too, if he does indeed do it himself.

Teacheranne Sat 12-Dec-20 11:31:19

I was impressed with the actions of a previous tenant of a flat in the property. He covered it with a clear plastic sheet as soon as it was spotted to stop it from being vandalised.

I think it was a very clever design as a photograph taken from a particular angle makes it look as when the lady sneezed, she blew down the houses. The photographer also added a tipped over wheels bin and a man staggering with a an inside out umbrella! I’m not an artist so cannot comment on whether it is any good, but I like it.

FannyCornforth Sat 12-Dec-20 11:31:25

bikergrancross post! tchsmile

Sparklefizz Sat 12-Dec-20 11:32:21

FannyCornforth

I can't stand Banksy!tchblush
It really winds me up that he can't to physical proportions to save his life.
Look at the size of the woman's hand tchconfused

Well, if you're going to find fault, what about Van Gogh's proportions and perspective, eg. his chair?

Teacheranne Sat 12-Dec-20 11:32:43

Bikergran, the frame you can see is the Perspex sheet added by the previous tenant of the house to protect it.

FannyCornforth Sat 12-Dec-20 11:34:35

Teacheranne a hand with splayed fingers is the same size as a face.
The arms are far too short, and the figure looks like that of a little child.

bikergran Sat 12-Dec-20 11:35:55

Ahhhh I see smile didn't like the rat he drew in a toilet.

But this one made me smile.

FannyCornforth Sat 12-Dec-20 11:38:08

Sparklefizz are you going to follow me all over this forum finding fault?
Op did ask readers what they thoughttchconfused

Callistemon Sat 12-Dec-20 11:41:17

I was impressed with the actions of a previous tenant of a flat in the property. He covered it with a clear plastic sheet as soon as it was spotted to stop it from being vandalised.

I think it was the son of the owner of the house who did that.

He said his mother is quite distressed by all the attention and they will take time to consider what to do next.

It's not one of Banksy's best.
There are copycats around
hmm

Teacheranne Sat 12-Dec-20 11:46:17

Callistimon, obviously we read different newspapers! The article I read quoted the tenant who fixed the sheet on the wall. Just goes to show we cannot believe everything we read in the papers!

Callistemon Sat 12-Dec-20 11:49:47

ITV West Country report, Teacheranne grin
I must watch out for the BBC Points West news, they're bound to be right tchwink

I may have walked up that street ... but not recently.
It is very steep.

Callistemon Sat 12-Dec-20 11:52:18

they pulled out of the sale after the elusive street artist confirmed the work was his.
Oh, it is definitely a Banksy.

Yes, how come no-one ever sees him at work?

Millie22 Sat 12-Dec-20 11:55:13

I liked the one in Nottingham but not so sure about this one. I also wonder how he does it without being seen.

henetha Sat 12-Dec-20 12:15:27

I find Banksy's art fascinating. The thing about art is that is can capture a mood, a moment, a spirit, and does not necessarily have to be anatomically or otherwise correct.
We have photography for that.
I do wonder why he's never seen doing these art works.

bikergran Sat 12-Dec-20 12:17:09

Ok well here's mine, going to stick it on front door, get ready to be swamped by the Media grin

So come on all you doodlers/artist a quick sketch, doesn't have to be perfect, just random. smile

cornishpatsy Sat 12-Dec-20 13:07:22

I am not a fan of the style of artwork or the hype around the identity of the artist.

Oldwoman70 Sat 12-Dec-20 13:23:37

Just to rectify a previous post - the owners have not pulled out of the sale of the property, they and their buyers have agreed to postpone exchange of contracts but the sale will be going ahead.

The owners son was on local radio this morning and stated that far from making money at the moment it is costing them money as they have had to have perspex and an alarm installed to protect it.