Gransnet forums

Arts & crafts

I’ve finished all my Christmassy things and now have no excuse for doing the bare minimum of housework.?.

(32 Posts)
Witzend Thu 21-Oct-21 09:32:54

I need another project, don’t I? At least to last me until the annual pre Christmas blitz.

There’s nothing I fancy, though.
I do have a blanket on the go, but that’s reserved for mindless TV knitting after dinner.
At least I’ve cleared all of the sewing up/stuffing paraphernalia away, and much of the knitting ditto.
Shall have to gird up my dusters and get going.

Blossoming Thu 21-Oct-21 18:27:04

Do not, under any circumstances, do anything involving hoovers or mops or dusters.

You will have to do it all again before C*******s

MayBeMaw Thu 21-Oct-21 20:33:05

Blossoming

Do not, under any circumstances, do anything involving hoovers or mops or dusters.

I believe it was Quentin Crisp who said

“There is no need to do any housework at all. After the first four years the dirt doesn't get any worse.”

Blossoming Thu 21-Oct-21 21:21:11

Indeed it was Maw.

The Naked Civil Servant is one of my favourite films.

nexus63 Thu 21-Oct-21 21:37:19

i wrote all my cards in january and got the presents finished by april, i do this every year but this time it was more important as i knew i would be going into hospital in september and having nurses coming in daily for 2 months, the only thing i am missing is going out as the cold weather is my favourite time of the year, i can keep myself busy as it is taking much longer do to the little housework that i have.

MayBeMaw Thu 21-Oct-21 21:49:24

Blossoming

Indeed it was Maw.

The Naked Civil Servant is one of my favourite films.

gringrin

Callistemon Thu 21-Oct-21 22:47:41

Blossoming

I was going to clean the oven - but it's not worth it, is it, because it will only get dirty again.

Too tempting, Callistemon! - but I’d need to order yet more yarn, when I’ve been trying to use up my vast stash before ordering any more.
You could use any yarn, * Witzend* as long as you have suitable face colours (they'd look a bit odd with green or blue faces for instance).
And they're very sweet, I talk to mine and make sure they're all right. ???