Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

What are you looking forward to most

(58 Posts)
cheelu Sun 13-Jan-13 15:54:21

Things are clearing for me and I can now see the woods for the trees..

Tegan Fri 06-Feb-15 22:49:14

C'mon crun; you have our scintilating conversation to look forward to every day [gransnet being the only thing that gets me out of bed in the morning/afternoon..that and a cup of tea]....

jo1book Fri 06-Feb-15 23:05:45

I just love being alive having made 71. I feel lucky to have made it this far with my own teeth, a wardrobe full of nice clothes I enjoy wearing and keeping my children on their toes by annoying them. Apparently, I spend too much money on the grandchildren, but they love me as I make them laugh.
Never be a miserable old women. They say; Laugh and the world laughs with you, cry and you cry alone. I should say, I run a mile from a hangdog face of any age.

newist Fri 06-Feb-15 23:34:35

Getting my new kayak tomorrow

Ceesnan Sat 07-Feb-15 07:41:53

Breaking in my lovely new yellow patent Doc Martens. At 68 I have my first pair and though they are a bit snug at the moment I know that with a bit of patience (and thick socks!) I will have the comfiest footware in the world smile

gillybob Sat 07-Feb-15 08:52:05

They sound fabulous Ceesnan . We will see you coming a mile away grin

I used to live in Doc Martens when I was younger, together with long floaty dresses and skirts. You are right, once they are "broken in" it will be like walking on air.

Deedaa Sat 07-Feb-15 21:25:42

Further to my post on Thursday, clearing the rubbish in the garden never happened. sad DS's friend had to stay with his sick girlfriend, so DS borrowed his van to collect some new fence panels to make it look as if something was happening and, of course, the panels wouldn't fit! So right back to square one AGAIN.

hildajenniJ Sat 07-Feb-15 21:41:14

We went to see a lovely little flat on Thursday. Having our house valued on Monday. I'm really looking forward to finding out it's current value. If we can sell our house quickly, and decide to buy the flat, we will have to sell everything and I mean everything, as nothing we own with the exception of our beds will fit. It will be fun!