Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

What is everyone up to today

(113 Posts)
Jadey Sat 23-Mar-13 12:06:11

I am waiting for my GS to visit, haven't seen him for 2 weeks so looking forward to seeing his smiley happy face.

Its snowing here in London, I live opposite a Park and it looks so beautiful.

glassortwo Sat 23-Mar-13 12:24:14

We Have just finished the catering for Dgd 5th Birthday Party this afternoon. Princesses and pirates, I am a pirate never been a princess Type of Girl grin

Smoluski Sat 23-Mar-13 12:30:05

an interview at 2 pm......we shall see.....I hate we will let. You know.....

Marelli Sat 23-Mar-13 12:32:09

I think you'd definitely be a better pirate than a princess, glass! Pirates have much more character! grin Have a fine party!

Ana Sat 23-Mar-13 12:32:40

Good luck nellie! smile

annodomini Sat 23-Mar-13 12:42:13

Best of luck, Nelliesmol. xxxx

Marelli Sat 23-Mar-13 12:43:00

Good luck Smoluski! Been missing your posts over the last wee while. smile

Galen Sat 23-Mar-13 12:50:11

Glass go buckle a swash or two me hearty!

Galen Sat 23-Mar-13 12:50:30

Good luck Smol

j08 Sat 23-Mar-13 12:55:40

Park sounds lovely Jadey. Enjoy GS's visit. smile

Jadey Sat 23-Mar-13 13:10:20

jo8 smile

sunflowersuffolk Sat 23-Mar-13 13:26:18

Woke up with the feeling that I was getting a migraine, which unfortunately means for me continual sickness. It hasn't got as bad as sometimes, but I cancelled my meeting with my cousin, we were just going to have lunch somewhere as not a good day for out doors.

Its snowing pretty heavily now, so I'm having a bit of a duvet day. Does look beautiful - Jadey enjoy your GS's visit, lucky you smile

Feel like I'm going stir crazy (as are the cats) just waiting for some Spring weather. I think the duck is nesting on the island, as Mr Duck patrols the water, waiting, and the moorhen is also on her nest. Hope they don't hatch just yet, its VERY cold.

Galen Sat 23-Mar-13 13:32:46

I'm worried in case my pool freezes again there are 15 clumps of frogspawn in it.

sunflowersuffolk Sat 23-Mar-13 13:35:40

Yes, the frogs had a bad year last year too, it was warm and sunny for a couple of weeks, then really cold and they were killed.

Elegran Sat 23-Mar-13 13:40:27

Have you got a rubber ball floating in the pond to stop it freezing right over, Galen ? Keeps the water aeriated (sp?), I have heard, and lets creatures come up to breathe if they need to. But maybe frog spawn does not need it.

glammanana Sat 23-Mar-13 13:52:01

glass well give your thigh a jolly good slap and enjoy the party.grin Good luck with the interview nellie hoping all goes well missed you smile
I'm off to the Supermarket as I forgot to buy lottery tickets on Wednesday and I know I can buy them on line but I like the six winning numbers on the ticket in front of me to mark off.(I wish) So the snow boots have come out of the wardrobe and the ski jacket ready to put on I will be all trussed up like a turkey ready for the oven.

Marelli Sat 23-Mar-13 14:31:47

Jadey, you'll have a lovely time with the wee lad! There's nothing like it for making everything right with the world. smile

grannyactivist Sat 23-Mar-13 14:43:14

My boys have gone out for the day, the Wonderful Man is tending the allotment, son is at work, best friend is on her way to the Thika School for the Blind in Kenya (she's leading a two week volunteering programme)....so, here I am at a loose end until my other best friend turns up for coffee - she's due in an hour. I could spend the time putting on a wash load or doing some (actually much needed) housework - BUT, here I am catching up on Gransnet. grin grin Since the boys came to live here I don't have anywhere near so much time to indulge my obsession interest in what's happening on here.

Galen Sat 23-Mar-13 14:46:25

I'm just sitting bored out of my tiny mind. It's too cold to go out. I just moved the car and the cold flared my ankles up. So I just sitting here.
Got nowhere to go anyway.

annodomini Sat 23-Mar-13 14:46:30

According to the lunchtime news, a wide area of the West of Scotland has lost its power supply. The Isle of Arran might have to wait until Monday to have it restored and that's not very far from soop and bags. They could be cut off.

Movedalot Sat 23-Mar-13 14:49:19

Gor home just in time before the snow got really thick after being snowed up in Brum last night and not able to get out. All roads seemed to be blocked. Now just snuggling up and being thankful that we have a nice warm home and enough to eat.

j08 Sat 23-Mar-13 14:53:12

I did n' t have the heating high enough this morning and got cold. So have got back in bed. Can't seem to get moving today.

grannyactivist Sat 23-Mar-13 14:56:27

How did the interview go Nelliesmol?
It would be lovely to hear you'd got a job that you're excited about. smile

grannyactivist Sat 23-Mar-13 14:57:04

...............Or any job now I come to think about it. grin

Galen Sat 23-Mar-13 14:58:16

Join the club jing.