Please can anyone tell me what it is that 'they' put in brown loaves that gives them a strange bitter-sweet taste and smell? I just don't like it. I don't think brown/wholemeal loaves in the past had this additive.
I don't notice the price of bread, as I very seldom buy it. I make my own in a breadmaker! Sorry ladies, but I love my breadmaker. Kneading dough makes my wrists hurt - arthritis!
Milk? You can get two large Cravendale from Waitrose for £3.
Quite! Nor the price of a pint of milk. You'd think MPs would have the nous to swot up on these things before being interviewed on the economy, though...
I don't use much but I buy it from Waitrose when they have reduced loaves at weekends - often for half of the original price or less. Usually buy wholemeal or multigrain.
Thanks MiceElf. I have got a breadmaker and do make my own and certainly don't put vinegar in! It must be my imagination that sometimes I think my wholemeal bread has the same 'shop' taste.
My point was that I don't think that there's any political capital to be made from the fact that Cameron didn't know the price of a loaf - I'm sure Milliband didn't either.