Gransnet forums

Ask a gran

Granddaughters

(56 Posts)
Riverwalk Tue 17-Feb-15 19:55:26

As a mother of two sons, gran to a boy and a girl and a still-practising nurse I can't believe that I have to ask this but, to cut to the chase, when with your GD how do you refer to her genitals?

I have GD(5) staying with me for half-term - at bath-time I was helping her to dry and and asked if she'd done her 'privates' properly - yes grandma, I've done my 'bits'.

It was so simple with boys and I was always precise ..... it was a penis.

Mothers of girls please advise!

etheltbags1 Thu 19-Feb-15 13:44:16

'we refer to our bits as 'bits' but my friend always says 'Mary' ie; 'I was washing Mary'
could be worse I suppose..

Stansgran Thu 19-Feb-15 17:00:39

Etheltbags I was thinking about you and hoping you were doing well.

etheltbags1 Sun 22-Feb-15 20:52:15

yes thanks stansgran, Im ok but its a long day just sitting at home in cse I get an infection. I just stay away from people, I do still look after dgd but I cant take her out in case I meet germs. but its a small price to pay for (hopefully) my health I the future.

Mishap Sun 22-Feb-15 21:07:22

My grandmother was a Devonshire lass, one of about 10 siblings, and used to work as a midwife before she married. She used to tell us about delivering babies in barns. When she used to bath me when I was very small she would ask me if I had washed (imagine broad Devon accent) "down in under!"

One of my DD's friends always refers to her bits as her "wiggy."

granjura Sun 22-Feb-15 21:07:55

Our 5 year old GD calls her bits her foofoo.